Our fellow entrepreneurs from IP Braai share with you steps on How to do your own free Trade Mark search. Watch the video below and then follow the 4 steps below to do your very own FREE Trademark search.
This will help you chose your “mark” (Company name, Product name etc.) and save you thousands.
Please remember this does not constitute legal advice. IP Braai share this for educational purposes as their mission is to empower ALL South African Entrepreneurs to start, grow and thrive in business with strong legal foundations.
For your very own Free basic Trade Mark search, follow these 4 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Visit the CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission) eServices website to register with CIPC if you don’t yet have a customer account.
- STEP 2: Go to the CIPC IP Online website to login.
- STEP 3: Using the NICE Classification, Identify the primary class of your product or service and identify all the conflicting classes using the Trade Mark Cross Search List.
- STEP 4: Return to the CIPC IP Online website and search for your Mark within your primary class AND all possible conflicting classes one by one.
If step 4 comes up clean, meaning your searches did not return any results, then your chosen mark has not been registered. If any of your searches did in fact return results which are the same as or confusingly similar to your chosen Mark, you have two options. Either choose a different Mark and start the search process again, alternatively you can get in touch with us for assistance.
Email: [email protected]
LET’S BRAAI !!
- Just Talk to People | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Laura Ruthven| Female Entrepreneur SA Magazine | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 24, 2022
- Can technology take the pain out of recruitment? | #OneEyedMan | Mike Stopforth | Francois de Wet | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 24, 2022
- Why understanding UBOs is critical |#Insight | #ebizradio | Jason Shedden | Contactable - January 24, 2022
- Making news headlines this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- Motoring News – Chery Tiggo 8 – Suzuki V-Storm DL-650 | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- The State We’re In 2022 – Six Trend Pillars for this year | #Trends | #Insight | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Female Leadership – Success Factors and Barriers to Overcome | #Insight | #ChangeConversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Moloko Komane | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022