Our fellow entrepreneurs from IP Braai share with you steps on How to do your own free Trade Mark search. Watch the video below and then follow the 4 steps below to do your very own FREE Trademark search.
This will help you chose your “mark” (Company name, Product name etc.) and save you thousands.
Please remember this does not constitute legal advice. IP Braai share this for educational purposes as their mission is to empower ALL South African Entrepreneurs to start, grow and thrive in business with strong legal foundations.
For your very own Free basic Trade Mark search, follow these 4 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Visit the CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission) eServices website to register with CIPC if you don’t yet have a customer account.
- STEP 2: Go to the CIPC IP Online website to login.
- STEP 3: Using the NICE Classification, Identify the primary class of your product or service and identify all the conflicting classes using the Trade Mark Cross Search List.
- STEP 4: Return to the CIPC IP Online website and search for your Mark within your primary class AND all possible conflicting classes one by one.
If step 4 comes up clean, meaning your searches did not return any results, then your chosen mark has not been registered. If any of your searches did in fact return results which are the same as or confusingly similar to your chosen Mark, you have two options. Either choose a different Mark and start the search process again, alternatively you can get in touch with us for assistance.
Email: [email protected]
LET’S BRAAI !!
- Its time to question values | #Leadership | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Podcast | #ebizradio - September 28, 2021
- Looking your best in the competitive world | How top female athletes pull it off | #Insight | #Lifestyle | Kryolan - September 28, 2021
- True grit and resilience happens at surrender | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Cindy Alter | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - September 23, 2021
- How to reduce your digital impact | #BusinessInsight | Julien Fouriot | Crosscall | #ebizradio | #onlinebusinessradio - September 23, 2021
- Anti-corruption lawyer, author, singer – Rivoningo Maluleke | Entrepreneur | Word Of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Compound interest – The 8th wonder of the world | #Entrepreneur | #Finance | #Business | Björn Salsone | James Hemsley | #ebizradio |#onlinebusinessradio - September 21, 2021
- What is your cognitive bias? | #LunchtimeSeries | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Launch of Jelly Beanz and UNICEF-produced ‘Protect Children and Help them Heal’ resource booklet – Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 13h00-14h00 | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Clarion Events Africa evolves into the Vuka Group | #BusinessInsight | Business News | Vuka Group | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Oryx Desert Salt bringing the heart of the Kalahari to WHOLE FOODS USA | Business News | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021