A leading South African broker is inviting young and aspiring South African artists to break out their brushes or any other artistic tools of choice to submit artwork that represents “The Spirit of Wealth”. Ubuntu Invest is providing a platform for artists to showcase their work and win cash prizes, an Ubuntu Invest account with cash value banked and ready to invest, plus an opportunity to bring their artistic vision to life on the walls of the Ubuntu Invest offices in Sandton.
Winning artists will also be part of a PR press campaign and be given space to exhibit and sell their artwork at an exclusive event on 29 January 2022. Submissions are now open.
Entries close on 7 December and the winner drawn on the 10th December 2021
According to Ubuntu Invest Founder and CEO, Nelisiwe Masango, “The Spirit of Wealth” is more than just a company slogan. It is rooted in South Africa’s powerful entrepreneurial spirit and the concept of Ubuntu itself – the overarching respect for humanity that is sometimes translated as “I am because you are”.
Masango says, “In hosting this competition, we hope to see South Africa’s new generation of great creative minds emerge and give them a chance to get some valuable exposure on a public platform. The Spirit of Wealth is a sentiment that applies to any South African, whether they are an artist, financial trader, labourer, spaza shop owner or anything else.
“We all have the potential to attain wealth, which isn’t necessarily about monetary value. There is richness in doing what we love every day, in mutual respect, family and anything else that brings us happiness. This is the spirit we would like to see our artists interpret, however they personally envision it”.
To enter, artists must complete their submission using an online form. The competition closes on 30 November 2021 and three winners will be handpicked by Ubuntu CEO, Nelisiwe Masango. Masango concludes, “When I pick the winners, I will be looking for personal pieces that speak to our communal spirit. The mediums the artist employs on paper are entirely up to them. We want to see creativity come to life and provide a chance for our local talent to shine”.
To find out more about Ubuntu Invest, visit https://www.ubuntuinvest.com/.
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Mr Hare meets Mr Mandela | #Theatre | #Entertainment | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Daniel Geddes | #Podcast - September 19, 2022
- The Week that Was | #News | #NewsUpdates | Kuhle Tshabalal | #Podcast - September 16, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - September 15, 2022
- Counting the ever-increasing cost: Impact of the ongoing attacks and looting on road freight | #Insight | #Trucking | Road Freight Association | Gavin Kelly - September 15, 2022
- Why Human-Centered leadership is needed today | #Insight | #Leadership | #Business | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - September 15, 2022