Having being in the marketing and communications field for a decade or two, I have seen many changes and the advent of digital and social media has certainly influenced this industry, but, there are still some key basics issues that get blurred. Perhaps it’s a lack of industry understanding as we now live in a world that is instantly connected and we all want instant results.
It’s rather simple! You can’t build a house unless you have a solid foundation and a plan and all elements of a business will be part of this plan;
Finance / People / Products or Services / Marketing / Sales / PR
Below is a simple overview of the differences between Marketing, PR and Sales:
Marketing is identifying what problems you solve, how you solve them, and getting that information in front of the people who care. This covers everything from strategic marketing, where you are thinking about your audience, what problems they face, and how you can solve them, to lead-generation marketing, where you identify people who care and pass them to a sales team.
PR (Public Relations) is defining information to help third parties (often the media & industry connectors) understan what you do and who cares about it. This is very important because it provides your potential customers with a third-party, relatively independent, perspective into what you have to offer. It’s dependent on marketing, but entirely different. It supports sales, but is different. This is identifying industry experts who have credibility and giving them what they need to make an impartial evaluation of your services and offerings, so that the folks who listen to them get to know about you and what you can offer.
Sales is the process of overcoming natural objections to purchasing your services or products. Isn’t that a nice description? When you have something to offer, those interested will have natural questions and objections. Why would this help me? Do I need it? What is included? How much is it? Why is that a fair price? Sales is the process of helping a potential customer answer those questions.
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021