The insurance onboarding process is evolving to better reflect the digital needs of today’s customer. A high level of service and improved customisation are key elements to ensure its success, says Kelly Preston, digital manager at SilverBridge.
“Even though the onboarding journey will be different for every customer, financial service providers and insurers must to do more to create an enabling environment. One of the most significant ways this can be done is to start eliminating the traditional paper-based processes of signing on,” she says.
Thanks to the ubiquity of mobile, there is no need to rely on such an old-school approach. Today, it is about empowering customers using the devices they are comfortable to take control of the signing on and onboarding process. An added benefit of going this digital-focused route is that insurers are also better enabling intermediaries and agents to be more effective in their jobs.
According to Deloitte, 38% of customers say that the user experience (UX) is the most important criterion when choosing a digital bank. The same holds true for insurance. If the process is slow, ineffective, or becomes too complicated, a customer will simply move to a competitor offering despite the price.
“Leveraging mobile apps with other innovations such as artificial intelligence (or machine-learning), insurers can provide a friendlier customer experience that is designed to be a frictionless process. Furthermore, a mobile app has the added benefit of feeding important data directly into the back-end system and can cut out a timeous manual process,” she says.
Consumers are now used to a more integrated, digital experience thanks to the likes of services such as Amazon, Uber, Airbnb, and so on. They expect the same degree of sophistication from their service providers as well.
“Insurance must be about the experience as much as it is about the product offering. As can be seen by fintechs and insurtechs, those who create such an exceptional experience are the ones that grow the business quickly. Even agents are able to benefit from systems that provide a central view of a customer instead of disparate processes that do not link with one another.”
The shift is already happening. A recent report found that 42% of UK consumers have adopted fintech services. And in South Africa, the recent launch of the Discovery ‘behavioural’ bank is evident that the market is changing.
Those unwilling to embrace the digitalisation process and equip not only their agents but their customers with the tools to do so will be the ones struggling for survival in the future.
SilverBridge has over 20 years’ experience as a leading provider of insurance software solutions in the African financial services industry. Our footprint extends to 13 African countries. SilverBridge has introduced an enhanced service offering allowing financial services companies the opportunity to respond quickly to changing markets. With customers throughout Africa, SilverBridge has the knowledge, experience, and technology to help its clients do better business.
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020