Darlene Menzies, CEO, technology innovator, entrepreneur and business guru, was recently announced as one of the most Inspiring 50 women in Africa. Menzies, along with five other women from the Inspiring 50, attended the opening of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) this morning, 31 August. This was a significant event, showcasing how women are becoming increasingly involved and pivotal in the technology sector and shaping the future. Interesting information at the event is that 56% of employees at the JSE are women, six out of nine top executives are women and that the CEO and Chairperson at the JSE are both women.
The blowing of kudu horn signified the opening of the JSE. It is believed that the louder the blow and the cheers, the better the markets will perform. The event was symbolically positioned at the end of women’s month to recognise women’s strengths and their achievements in what has been a traditionally male-dominated sector.
Menzies says, “I established my first software company in 2004 so I understand first-hand what it is like to work in a male-dominated space. However, women are increasingly demonstrating their skills and talents in fintech and I am privileged to be a part of it. Being at the opening of the JSE as the kudu horn was blown represented a transformation and a new beginning in this sector, one that can only be beneficial.”
Gallery of pictures attached – Menzies and other inspiring women seen at the event this morning.
For more information on Finfind go to www.finfindeasy.co.za.
- Perhaps its time to join the Circus | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | ZipZap Circus | #Podcast - October 4, 2022
- The power of that SUBSCRIBE button | #Business | #Marketing | #e-commerce | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Lunchtime Marketing | #Podcast - September 29, 2022
- Porn, parents, children and social workers burning out | #Insights | #Society | Ingrid von Stein | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Desperation and hopelessness is surrounding us in business | #Insights | #Business | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Leoni Coetzee | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022