Often referred to as the God Father of the South African Marking & Advertising industries ebizradio’s Nick Snow gets to chat to Tony Koenderman about his upcoming Winning Ways Conference and why the need for such a platform exists in our market.
“With our haul of silverware from the Cannes Lions advertising festival each year, we can still boast that South African advertising agencies punch above their weight. And it’s true, we’re still punching above our weight – but sometimes in the wrong division.
Since Keith Reinhard, chairman of the Cannes jury, hailed our emergence as a new creative powerhouse in 1994, we’ve slowly but steadily fallen behind other small or emerging nations in the Cannes medals race. Countries like New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Singapore, India, Malaysia, Belgium, Finland and Argentina were behind us then. Now they’re ahead of us, or challenging.
Their success is entirely based on the growth sectors of marketing, namely digital, integration, television, mobile and social. Internationally, we have made little impact in these categories. Graham Warsop’s case of Bollinger’s for the first winner of a Cannes cyber lion is still unclaimed. Much of our best work is in categories like radio, out-of-home, design and press. Old media. They’re still significant but they are not where international attention is focused. Marketers and agencies want growth – and that is found in New Media and television”.
If you wish to book contact Tonya on 083 379 8070 or email her at: [email protected]
Ebizradio will have a team on the ground covering the conference and will make the talks available post the conference as podcasts.
- Philanthropy: Restoring human dignity through innovation in SA|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - October 30, 2020
- #POWERTOTHEPIXEL 2020 |Fak’ugesi Festival |#MbaliNdhlovu | Dr Tegan Bristow |#Digital |#Podcast - October 30, 2020
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020