The 2018 Data Threat Report from Thales and 451 Research found that only 13% of organisations will not be impacted by privacy regulations. This is a big drop from the 28% of companies who said the same in 2017.
With the number of data breaches increasing at an exponential rate, it’s become apparent that no organisation is safe. That’s without mentioning wider issues around how organisations are using people’s data. When it comes to cyber security and data privacy, there are almost endless scenarios to consider.
Both cyber security and privacy are categories of corporate risk, and they must be addressed to meet compliance requirements and minimise the possibility of brand damage in the event of a breach. However, many companies see corporate risk as something that needs to be managed through the minimum budget required to address it.
The stakes have never been greater than they are right now with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure and disposal of personal information. A number of agencies, including the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), have been promulgating updated guidelines and recommendations for privacy and data security best practices in a variety of industries, and companies are being encouraged to establish internal policies and procedures.
The IoT is adding even more complications. As devices of all kinds become increasingly integrated with IoT, so does information, all kinds of information, including intellectual property and personal information. Given this backdrop, it is often easy to get lost in the details of cyber security and privacy and forget why security and personal privacy matter in an increasingly digital world.
Privacy is important because damage to brand reputation equates to customers walking away from a company and the loss of revenue. It is important because people expect the companies they interact with to be protecting their data.
It is customers who are the ones applying pressure when it comes to data protection, and regulations like GDPR are transforming consumer data best practice across all sectors. They are also playing an important role in placing the power firmly back where it belongs: in the hands of the consumer.
@Vance Cyber Security was established to help organisations find the right solution for their needs, ensuring that they are actually covered rather than just ticking the boxes. At @Vance Cyber Security, customer service forms the foundation of everything we do, as is a relentless focus on keeping their environments safe.
Offering expert cyber security skills and solutions, @Vance delivers security strategy, assessment, design, project delivery, remediation, and managed services. We create a cyber security engagement where continuous measurement is the norm, customer service excellence is the standard and an outcomes based engagement is supported with guarantees.
Our products are focused on delivering positive and tangible outcomes. The solutions in our portfolio were selected because they solve relevant customer risks, are flexible, easily managed, and have a quick return on investment ratio. We provide flexible commercial models to address all client requirements, and our team of expert cyber security professionals ensures the effectiveness of all security initiatives.
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020