Has your business shown leadership in energy efficiency? Have you implemented significant energy efficiency interventions in your building/s? These are some of the questions Hotel Verde encountered when entering the Energy Efficiency Forum Awards, and clearly they ticked all the boxes and more, with their blaze of innovation and some of the most advanced, environmentally-conscious construction and operation practices in the world. In recognition of their leadership and excellence and innovation in energy efficiency, Hotel Verde was announced the winner of the EEF Awards on 26 November.
The Energy Efficiency Forum created the EEF Awards In recognition of leadership and to motivate continued reduction in energy consumption. Applications are judged on the implementation of significant energy efficiency interventions – in terms both of technological and behavioural change – that result in substantial reductions in energy consumption in buildings.
Mario Delicio, owner of Hotel Verde, says: “Hotel Verde had the advantage of starting from scratch, so building new meant we could plan much more than by retrofitting an existing building. So, literally from the ground up, we are able to call ourselves Africa’s Greenest Hotel, with much of the emphasis being on energy efficiency.”
Hotel Verde based at Cape Town International Airport, just 400m from the terminal and within easy driving distance of the city’s central business and shopping districts. Offering 145 rooms with 4 star comforts and amenities and is part of the BON Hotels Group and opened in August 2013.
- Philanthropy: Restoring human dignity through innovation in SA|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - October 30, 2020
- #POWERTOTHEPIXEL 2020 |Fak’ugesi Festival |#MbaliNdhlovu | Dr Tegan Bristow |#Digital |#Podcast - October 30, 2020
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020