Has your business shown leadership in energy efficiency? Have you implemented significant energy efficiency interventions in your building/s? These are some of the questions Hotel Verde encountered when entering the Energy Efficiency Forum Awards, and clearly they ticked all the boxes and more, with their blaze of innovation and some of the most advanced, environmentally-conscious construction and operation practices in the world. In recognition of their leadership and excellence and innovation in energy efficiency, Hotel Verde was announced the winner of the EEF Awards on 26 November.
The Energy Efficiency Forum created the EEF Awards In recognition of leadership and to motivate continued reduction in energy consumption. Applications are judged on the implementation of significant energy efficiency interventions – in terms both of technological and behavioural change – that result in substantial reductions in energy consumption in buildings.
Mario Delicio, owner of Hotel Verde, says: “Hotel Verde had the advantage of starting from scratch, so building new meant we could plan much more than by retrofitting an existing building. So, literally from the ground up, we are able to call ourselves Africa’s Greenest Hotel, with much of the emphasis being on energy efficiency.”
Hotel Verde based at Cape Town International Airport, just 400m from the terminal and within easy driving distance of the city’s central business and shopping districts. Offering 145 rooms with 4 star comforts and amenities and is part of the BON Hotels Group and opened in August 2013.
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021
- Young artists invited to illustrate the spirit of wealth | Ubuntu Invest | Art | Neliswe Msango |Competition | #ebizradio | #Podcast - November 24, 2021
- Excuse Me | Unscripted Life | Clive Vanderwagen | Bongi Archi | #SupportLocal | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 23, 2021
- Every behavior is driven by a motivation | #LTL | Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- South Africa’s most attractive Employers – Universum Global demystifies the new employment landscape | #HumanResources | #Insight | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- In the NEWS – the week that was | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #eBizradio | #Podcast - November 19, 2021
- Let all children know they’re loved this – Universal Children’s Day | #News | Dr Jerry Gule | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - November 19, 2021
- THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS – A story of a movie that shaped an entrepreneur’s vision | #Opinion | Nelisiwe Masngo | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021
- The Firstwatch Entrepreneurial Challenge 2021 is live | #Entrepreneur | Simo Nzama | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021