Ingenuity and innovative problem solving is exactly what Xanita (paper composite board manufacturer), Intamarket Graphics (supplier of quality vinyl materials and specialty products to the signage and graphics industry) and Intamed (supplier of medical equipment and consumables to the surgical and aesthetic market) did to solve the possible shortage of hospital beds.
With over 5000 recorded infections – of which almost 4000 were confirmed over a four-week period – South Africa is gearing up for an increase in COVID-19 patients as the country begins to ease its lock-down regulations. In preparation, hotels and convention centres are being converted into makeshift healthcare centres and field hospitals are being created in every province. These loclal innovators have come up with an ingenious design that makes affordable, quick-to-assemble and easily sanitised beds available to government.
Watch how quickly and easily these beds and partitions are setup – from flat-packed to constructed in 45min with 3 persons, no on-site tooling and no electricity required. Lightweight & durable, fast turn-around times, 100% repulpable, non-toxic and no VOC’s.
This cost-effective solution is designed to be rolled out using existing infrastructure, with no need for investment in costly rapid construction efforts. With this innovative solution they can have places like Gallagher estate or the CTICC converted into medical overflow facilities within a matter of hours.
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Do you know what Programmatic Media Buying is? |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |Ryan Eberlin - September 16, 2020
- WHY DO WE SAY “ I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH” |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton | Potential Unlimited |#Podcast |#eBizradio - September 15, 2020
- Early investors in 4IR start-ups set to reap rewards | #eBizInisghts | Brett Dawson | Podcast - September 15, 2020
- SMEgo launches to assist small businesses |#DigitalNomad | #MbaliNdhlovu | Rowan Spazzoli |#Podcast |#Entrepreneur - September 15, 2020
- How are your time management and people skills? |#LTL |#KevinBritz |Naomi Basson | Jose Mesquita |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 13, 2020
- Innovative solutions for restaurants during the COVID pandemic and beyond | Snapmenu | #eBizTechnology | Gabriel Stein, Shai Unterslak & Max Tyrell | Podcast - September 11, 2020