South Africa’s Truck Test 2022 was performed like no other global practice to show drivers and companies which ones perform the best. It also provided information on which trucks perform best at specific loads and jobs. The Mercedes-Benz Actros is the most productive truck in South Africa, MAN’s New Truck Generation is the most fuel efficient and the tautliner interlinks on the country’s highways are an astonishing 12% more fuel efficient than they were 10 years ago.
These are among the facts to emerge from Truck Test 2022, a South African event unique on the continent of Africa. In fact, even in highly developed first-world markets, it is rare to find an event similar to South Africa’s Truck Test. That’s because this unique event – organised by FOCUS on Transport & Logistics magazine – pits extra-heavy trucks against each other on the same route and on the same days. This is very important; weather and congestion can make the world of a difference.
Toyota SA opens their new R365 million Parts Warehouse:
* Toyota has doubled the size of its parts warehouse in Johannesburg.
* The facility is now the biggest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere.
* The new warehouse will service the entire sub-Saharan Africa with regular parts supply.
Mercedes electric van demand increases – On the 27th of July, Mercedes-Benz Group released their second-quarter results for 2022. Within Mercedes-Benz Vans, over 100,000 vehicles were sold worldwide, exceeding prior-year levels by around 1700 vehicles. Due to sustained demand for premium vans, the adjusted return on sales at Mercedes-Benz Vans was 10.1%. The results are particularly remarkable, as 2022 brought with it many obstacles, including various COVID restrictions, the ongoing semiconductor supply-chain bottlenecks and global turbulence.
- Mercedes-Benz Vans sells over 100,000 vehicles worldwide in Q2
- Driven by the eSprinter and eVito, Q2 sees a significant increase in demand for Mercedes-Benz electric vans
- Mercedes-Benz Vans South Africa aims to introduce exceptional electro-mobility solutions in the near future
Defensive Driving courses – Tumelo spent a few days training drivers in defensive driving at ADA. We highly recommend that all drivers do these courses.
Notices – upcoming ladies only 4×4 event, Road to 2023 Honda Quest, Upcoming Women with Drive event, Mo83’s race report
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Mr Hare meets Mr Mandela | #Theatre | #Entertainment | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Daniel Geddes | #Podcast - September 19, 2022
- The Week that Was | #News | #NewsUpdates | Kuhle Tshabalal | #Podcast - September 16, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - September 15, 2022