We are all experiencing trying times both emotionally and financially. We are wondering what our futures look like? Life right now feels like we are running a huge marathon. Someone who knows about stress, trying times, high performance is legendary sportsman AJ Venter .
We are delighted to announce that AJ Venter will be sharing his conversational vlog’s with amazing people with our audience.
In this chat he is joined by Mike Sewell, founder of The Running Company Mike had been in corporate space for 16 years and decided to break free and make a move towards following his passion. The motivation was to live a more interesting life, pursuing interests that really interested him rather than those driven by financial reward or societal acceptance.
The first move was Project Patagonia; an independent and self-organised running expedition through South America. Over 6 weeks, Mike and a mate ran 1,200km through Patagonia, pushing all their gear, food and water in jogging strollers. Next, Mike joined the Long Road to Comrades project where 6 runners would each attempt to run from Cape Town to Pietermaritzburg in 19 days – and then run the 2018 Comrades ultra-marathon. The equivalent of 20 Comrades in 20 days. Although the original goal was not achieved, Mike clocked 1,090km in 20 days including a bronze medal finish at the Comrades.
Since then, Mike has launched The Running Company with his partner Carla (whom he met on the Long Road to Comrades). The Running Company offers running adventures and events as well as a monthly Adventure Tales evening of inspirational guest speakers and films.
Whilst in this period of lockdown we all need human connection and motivation to keep us going. This is the perfect break to help your spirits be lifted.
*Note – this conversation took place on 15th October 2019 – but the content is so relevant in these times.
Click here to view – Life with AJ Venter
- What is a BRAND and why you need to build it! | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 13, 2021
- SA Online Retail leaps to R30-billion | Arthur Goldstuck | World Wide Worx - May 12, 2021
- Does your RESILIENCE need a resilience boost? | Lunchtime Coaching | Kevin Britz | Dr Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 12, 2021
- What is the Next Frontier Facebook? | Lets Talk Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Nunu Ntshingila | #ebizradio - May 12, 2021
- How does the Car Hire industry actually work? |#BrunchwithBjorn |#BjornSalsone | Lulu Rodriques | CHB Car Hire Brokers | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 11, 2021
- Why do businesses not spend enough of staff development? |#Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 10, 2021
- Augmented Reality and financial services |#Marketing | #LTM | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Data and Creative Effectiveness in Digital Marketing |#LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Antonio Petra |#Digital | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Selling requires 3 D’s and a R – do you have them? |#Sales | Shelley Walters | Sales Enabler | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021
- How do we tackle INCLUSION in the workplace? |#HR | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Samkelo Blom | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021