With the Absa Cape Epic taking place from 18 to 25 March 2018 and government encouraging both locals and tourists to consciously save water, Hansgrohe South Africa as an official supplier for the ShowerZone in the race villages, is dedicated to helping the race reduce its water consumption.
As a provider of high quality, award-winning products for the kitchen and bathroom, the organisation has, since 2012, been providing and managing the temporary shower service for riders and is now proud to be back in 2018 to champion water saving.
“We are passionate about this sponsorship because it allows us to make a deep environmental impact“ says Mariëtte Zietsman, Marketing Manager at Hansgrohe South Africa. The showertrucks in the ShowerZone area are equiped with extraordinary Eco-smart technology – a sophisticated flow limiter, special jets and the mixture of air – reducing water usage in the showers by 60%. Hansgrohe will also support the ABSA Cape Epic in promoting 90 second showers to reduce water consumtion even further. By keeping their showers below 90 seconds – and with the Croma Green 1 jet’s 7.6l/min capabilities (the current installed overhead shower in the showertrucks) – riders will be using only 10 litres of water a day.
Grey water from the shower areas will then be used to clean the bikes – with any remaining grey water being re-purposed to maintain the grounds.
“Our aim is to ensure that while participants enjoy the event, that they also gain an understanding of the benefits of long term water economy. The drought has sharpened our focus towards a potential disaster in the Cape, but this is not an isolated case. The reality is that South Africans and visitors need to take a long-term approach for saving the resource in this country. We are committed to promoting this message both through initiatives such as this and in the development and promotion of our products“ says David Cooper, MD, Hansgrohe South Africa.
“To counter the short-term effects of the drought, the City has put in a number of initiatives to increase the supply of water and make provision for the shortages. The current water restriction is limited to 50 litres of water consumption per person per day and initiatives such as this will assist us in ensuring that this happens.
“We are working closely with our sponsors, partners and service providers to ensure every responsible measure is in place to conserve water without compromising the rider experience and safety at the race. Riders will need to be really conscious of their water usage at the event and we are urging them to make every single drop count” concludes Michael Flinn, Managing Director, Absa Cape Epic.
For more information on water saving and Hansgrohe Africa visit www.hansgrohe.co.za
Product Information – hansgrohe Croma Green 1-jet Showerhead, 2.0 GPM
– Shower head size: 75 mm
– Spray type: stream
– Maximum flow rate: 7.6 litres per minute
– Installed on the wall
– Suitable for continuous flow water heaters with an output of 18 kW.
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021