If we look at the South African population there are more women than men, yet the unemployment rate remains high in this sector. These women are also mothers and they need to care for their children and themselves. Over the past decade we have seen a dramatic rise in the entrepreneurial and SME space of female owned businesses.
Yet when they first enter the market place they compete in a male dominated space and in time take on the ethos and aggression of the market segment. When other women came into the market space they are seen as competitors and a threat and we go to “battle” with them – as this is how it has been done in the past – Win at all costs! We as mompreneurs have the ability to change this forever.
Intrinsically this is not how women behave or act – unless of course you pose a threat to her children, then you best run and don’t look back. I had been in the corporate space since graduating university and witnessed on social media how a woman who owned her own business shared a post promoting her business to other women in a Mom’s group. The attack on her was relentless and I was embarrassed to be a woman. It was then that an idea formulated for me. I want to create a space and place for female entrepreneurs and female owned businesses that are also mothers; a place where it was safe and tolerant and a place where other women could connect with, collaborate with and trade exclusively with each other.
MommyMallSA was born out of the will to not experience or be part of bullying. The growth has been organic and we now have over 88 000 Mompreneurs in our community.
The term Mompreneur perfectly encapsulates the combination of being a mom and an entrepreneur.
At Mommy Mall, mompreneurs market and transact with other Mompreneur businesses – We like to refer to it as an online shopping mall 100% operated by Mompreneur’s.
From humble beginnings with only 300 members in Cape Town, Mommy Mall SA has grown and now celebrates trade and shopping activity among 88 000+ members in 18 online Mommy Mall branches nationwide. The concept is operated from this website and moms use the Facebook “Mommy Mall” groups as a trade space to advertise and shop.
Who are our “Mommy Mallers”?
Mommy Mall mompreneurs are on average between the ages of 25 and 44 – indicating that Mommy Mall is used and supported by mothers of all ages and life stages and also own their own businesses.
Launched in 2014, Mommy Mall has brought more business, more friends, more inspiration and a place of belonging to all mompreneurs in South Africa. Many confess that Mommy Mall has allowed them to learn new business skills from others daily, find business partners, go into joint ventures together and just support each other.
Mommy Mall members enjoy the following benefits:
- Advertise thrice a week on your local trade page on Facebook
- Get Facebook page likes (remember to give!) & see your Facebook following grow
- Get post likes (remember to give!) / Run competitions & Enter competitions
- Do market research
- Make friends and business connections
- Be inspired daily
- Build a client base
- Build a supplier list
- Open opportunities for joint ventures and business collaborations
- Build your business and learn more about business and FLOURISH
To sign up go to – https://mommymallsa.co.za/join/ – Membership starts as of R595 per year. There is an option for everyone – whether you are in start-up (R595), established business (R895) or ready to expand (R3545 – get access to an experienced Mompreneur Business Coach and give your business wings!
Your free Facebook advertising allows for great exposure in social media – it is not compulsory, but recommended.
We have proof of small business survival and economic growth; and we have created a truly exceptional platform for big business to connect with a very unique and economically active market.
Put your business on the map – give it wings to fly – join MommyMallSA today – as an added bonus and an incredible opportunity to showcase your business or business skill we are proud to announce our collaboration with eBizradio.com – Southern Africa’s largest business online radio station who will feature Mompreneur’s and their businesses in a dedicated segment called Mompreneur’s.
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019
- Why are many BPC Embedded projects unsuccessful? |#Technology |#Trends |#B2B |#Emiliyan Tanev - September 10, 2019
- South Africa’s gaming industry is expected to bring in revenue to the tune of R3.6 billion by the end of the year – but where are the non-gaming advertisers? |#Marketing |#Insights - September 10, 2019
- Dormakaba cycling ambassador programme grows MTB in SA |#PayItForward - September 10, 2019