Tiger Wheel & Tyre has confirmed that it has renewed its broadcast sponsorship of Formula 1 motor racing on DSTV’s SuperSport channels, for the 2014 season.
The company has a long history of making the sport accessible to South African fans via its sponsorship of television broadcasts and for many years was run by former racing driver Eddie Keizan, who competed in several Formula 1 races and held the 1972 Formula 5000 championship title.
Marketing Executive of TiAuto, Joe du Plooy commented: “There is never a dull moment in F1 and with one race already completed, it looks like the dramatic changes imposed for this season will make for an even more exciting year than usual.”
Key among the technical changes in 2014 are: new 1.6 litre V6 turbocharged engines; the new heat-based Energy Recovery System (ERS) – a more efficient and powerful supplementary power source than its predecessor, the KERS system; and lower noses to improve safety.
Said du Plooy, “The changes have sparked a good deal of debate among commentators and fans, and based on what we’ve seen thus far, have challenged F1 designers to the max and shaken up the race order quite a bit. As we’ve witnessed in the past, while technical changes are always controversial at the time of their implementation, they do serve to advance the sport and spark innovation in engine, car and tyre designs that ultimately filter through to the consumer vehicle market.”
So while the new cars sound less fierce than their predecessors and look arguably less attractive, even the die-hard F1 fans at Tiger Wheel & Tyre agree they will eventually come to terms with it and ultimately, when the track to road technology transfer takes place, we will all benefit from it.
“In the meantime, let’s just sit back and enjoy watching another action-packed season of the most exciting race formula in the world!” concluded du Plooy.
Fans who don’t want to miss a minute of the action, can see the complete 2014 F1 race calendar on Tiger Wheel & Tyre’s website, at www.twt.to as well as a countdown clock to the next race and post-race updates on who won the race.
- New uses for Commercial Office Space| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang | Podcasts - September 28, 2020
- Why cultivating leadership is imperative to every organisation! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Passmore Matupire |#Podcast |#Leadership |#ebizradio - September 28, 2020
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020