Many organisations are realising that workforce management can be used as a resource to improve business efficiencies. By integrating the likes of access and production data control, further value can be unlocked to drive organisational improvements.
Evolving technology and innovations happening in connectivity solutions (think Ethernet, GSM, Bluetooth, and Near-Field Communication) means the traditional access terminal mounted in a building is now enhanced with more sophisticated options. For example, validation can be done through mobile phones or even more evolved biometric options that take into consideration body shapes as opposed to only being limited to specific features.
Having said that, it is still critically important that workforce management be integrated with human resource and finance systems to provide decision-makers with a complete view of operations. This is where enterprise resource planning becomes invaluable in tying everything more seamlessly together.
The pervasiveness of mobile, and its related technological enhancements, have opened areas that were previously impossible to monitor. By linking GSM (data) with GPS (biometrics), personnel can be monitored for accountability, safety, and customer feedback en-route to a site.
This allows for greater flexibility from an employee perspective where the person can go directly from home to a customer and provide the business with reliable assurance via their mobile device. These benefits extend to production data control that allows planned work to be loaded to various monitoring points.
Through this, companies can introduce live tracking of the order progress. Furthermore, job progress can be recorded via barcode scanners, machine output monitoring, and entry of quantities at various steps. The organisation can even record reasons for work stoppages allowing it to react appropriately as the data is fed back directly from the floor. There is no reason to wait until the end of a day or shift to respond to any delays or other issues.
With workforce management including aspects around security, access control is something that is integrated into its approach. This is not only limited to the physical presence but also data access as well. Using these systems, companies can better control which users have access to what kind of data.
Additional aspects can incorporate surveillance using not only video but sensors throughout a location. Again, it is critically important to integrate the technology with the systems and processes to ensure it works to the advantage of the business.
All told, workforce management has evolved beyond the limited systems of the past. By using technology, data, and innovations currently taking place in the market, organisations can really take their business to the next level.
About dormakaba South Africa
dormakaba South Africa is an established 30-year old provider of smart and secure access solutions across South and Sub-Saharan Africa. Our premium products and creative solutions are crafted to the highest quality and include the supply and installation of door hardware, entrance systems, interior glass systems, electronic access and data, master key systems, safe locks, lodging, movable walls, key systems, and we deliver comprehensive service contracts.
With more than 150 years of experience, millions of products and countless successful installations, we are your reliable partner in secure and flexible access installations across all industries and requirements.
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021