The recent announcement of News24’s paywall introduction in order to sustain the accuracy and independence of their news, has highlighted the truth about the importance and the cost of news. “Newsgathering and dissemination is an expensive business.”
At SPARK Media, we would like to recognise and commend the advertisers who support the local newspapers. Through the sophisticated Caxton distribution network, our advertisers are able to get their printed material and advertising messages into the homes of consumers.
This ‘free subscription’ model supports the delivery of relevant and trustworthy locally relevant news to many suburbs and townships across the country.
“Looking at the combined circulation of local newspapers, they reach at least 5 million South African homes every week. Local newspaper circulations have been going against the trend of other declining print media types for two decades, says Olav Westphal, Sales Director at SPARK Media.
SPARK Media continues to be optimistic about the relevance of the local newspapers to both consumers and advertisers. Readers refer to their local papers for the localised content and advertising on a weekly basis,” he concludes.
The advertiser’s printed inserts receive an amazing depth of readership and attention, which has been supported through our ROOTS research and international Lumen eye-tracking studies. In 2020, local papers are more than capable of delivering what advertisers need: a large captive audience, receiving free content and paying high volumes of attention to the advertising associated with it.
Spark Media, a division of Caxton & CTP Publishers and Printers Ltd is an advertising and media-solutions, sales company. We represent Caxton-owned local newspapers, as well as selected independent publications in Sub-Saharan Africa. We offer solutions that focus on location-targeted content.
- NEWS – THE WEEK THAT WAS |#NewsHeadlines | #LatestNews | #WorldNews | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - May 27, 2022
- How do you take your brand beyond our borders? |#Business | #Brands | #Coaching | Kevin Britz | Shereen Hunter | - May 27, 2022
- Clean Creatives – Please stop working with fossil fuel brands | #Marketing | #Leadership | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Stephen Horn | Bouncing Biscuits Studio | #Podcast - May 26, 2022
- Coining communication when you move to a remote workforce | #RemoteWorking | #Communication | #HR | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace - May 25, 2022
- When do we speak to our children about sex? | #Insights | #Parenting | #SexEducation | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | Ansa Lange | Ansa Lange | Future Fit Parenting - May 25, 2022
- Reskilling revolution with Micro-Credentials | #Trends | #Business | #WorkTrends | Ingrid von Stein | Dion Chang | Flux Trends |#Podcast - May 25, 2022
- Layoffs, marketing that just won’t work, grow vs maintain vs exit | #ItsNotOver | #Entrepreneur | Nic Haralambous | Laura Roeder | #Podcast - May 24, 2022
- Switch yourself off and on again | #Naturopathy | #Health | #Entrepreneur | Björn Salsone | Dr Shavit Sachs | #Podcast - May 24, 2022
- Impact of Ukraine war on global shipping | #News | #Shipping | Supply Chain | #B2B | AGCS - May 23, 2022
- How do you assess the risk in your business? | #Insight | #Insurance | #Risk | Ingrid von Stein | Marcel Wood | Hollard Insure | #Podcast - May 23, 2022