The lost millenials is a tribe that Dion Chang deconstructed in his seminal e-book “New Urban Tribes of South Africa”. Chang placed this tribe within the rich tapestry of South Africa’s identities and positioned it as a dangerously overlooked tribe. The lost millennials have been a key conversation point in South Africa’s narrative – actively wondering how best to solve the education conundrum, youth unemployment and a growing apathy filtering down into this generation with so much potential. What is trending are educational innovations that look to combat the hopeless situation of the lost millennial.
Dion Chang in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
With the changing global landscape – access to technology and globalisation increasing; how do these changes influence innovation in education?
Innovations are sprouting globally to address providing accessible education, not only by academic institutions and specialists but most notably by brands and innovators equipping themselves with the responsibility to help shape the world of tomorrow. There is an astonishing impact of the online revolution on student culture and access to information that means that we can create tailored experiences for the learning process to happen online. The trend seems to be experimentation with putting course syllabi and assignments on a platform that students can access anywhere and anytime. In emerging markets and Africa in particular, the mobile device and what it means in terms of access becomes paramount.
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020