If psychologists say that it takes just 21 days to embed a new habit or behaviour, then 24 months of lockdown, and working from home, is going to entrench new learnings and behaviours that are irreversible. Couple this with the fact that the pandemic unleashed the tragic loss of life and/or loss of income, and the result is a deep introspection of what we really want out of life. In essence we’ve all, unwittingly, been faced with an existential crisis.
This has manifested in more immediate trends like: Semigration, Revenge Travel, the Great Resignation and the Anti-work Movement.
But these are just the tip of an iceberg – A workforce revolution has been unleashed and if your company’s current concern is still focused on “adapting to a hybrid workforce”, then you will be blindsided by this revolution. The change we have embarked on cannot be underestimated.
The “future of work” has been brought forward and is colliding with companies struggling to meet the velocity of change that took place during the pandemic.
What leadership prioritised in 2019 now looks very different, post pandemic.
This trend briefing exposes the blind spots that many companies have, including:
- Underestimating the ripple effect of this Life Audit and how it has changed the priorities of a workforce.
- Reengineering rewards & benefits to create a post pandemic company culture.
- Switching from a location centric mindset to a human centric mindset.
- The danger of a “two speed organisation” and nurturing a sense of belonging.
- The very different skill sets managers now have to master.
- Lessons we can learn from the new Gen Z workforce.
This trend briefing is specifically designed for all business leaders (CEOs to COOs), senior managers, administrators and all HR practitioners who have had to adapt to a post-pandemic world of work.
Presented by Dion Chang
– Trends as Business Strategy –
If you are interested in booking this virtual trend briefing for your management team or clients please contact Bethea Clayton on [email protected] or +27764539405
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Mr Hare meets Mr Mandela | #Theatre | #Entertainment | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Daniel Geddes | #Podcast - September 19, 2022
- The Week that Was | #News | #NewsUpdates | Kuhle Tshabalal | #Podcast - September 16, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - September 15, 2022