Cape Town, South Africa — Organisers of TEDxTableMountain have confirmed the venue for their second annual day of inspirational talks given by local thought leaders. This nonprofit, independently produced event, operated under license from TED, will be held at The African Dance Theatre, 44 Long Street (corner Hout Street) in Cape Town.
Organised along the theme of “Exploring the Edge,” the conference will gather over 15 experts in various fields and disciplines to discuss the concept of the “Edge”. Leading thinkers, artists, entrepreneurs, philosophers and entertainers representing such diverse fields as technology, entertainment, visual and performance art, design, politics, music, ecology, and education, among others.
Where will the “Edge” be in the future, and is surpassing that “Edge” key to our existence? Is pushing the boundaries of the “Edge” a good or a bad thing? What kind of people are the ones who “push the Edge”? These questions and more will be explored.
“Being a TEDx organiser is in itself, an exploration of personal edges. It is hard work, intense, and also incredibly rewarding. The massive upwelling of TEDx events worldwide is testament to the great longing that so many likeminded people have -‐ to unearth the genius within each of us -‐ and to be part of a global community of thought leaders” – Candice Pelser, TEDxTableMountain.
“TEDx provides an invitation to be changed, whether through speaking, organizing or listening. It offers an opportunity for the collective mingling of thoughts and ideas. It is both awe-‐inspiring and humbling to witness and experience the ‘newness’ that emerges from a TEDx event, I describe it as: thought alchemy in motion.” – Marion Adamson, organising committee, TEDxTableMountain.
Confirmed speakers are announced daily and further information is available via the TEDxTableMountain website.
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021