The rapid evolution of technology has seen it become integrated into virtually every facet of organisations today. This is changing how business analytics (BA) is conducted especially when it comes to enterprise performance management (EPM).
Previously, decision-makers had to rely on individual solutions focused on balanced scorecards, driver-based budgeting, and so on, each of these solutions using their own strategy maps. As a result, with these separate products running in the background, pulling data from all sources, companies were slow to effectively analyse the information at hand.
Today, all of this has come together under BA with big data empowering businesses to pull different insights to meet specific requirements. In fact, BA provides the ability to generate more complex questions than were possible in the past and get answers virtually immediately. This enables people to work on a unified strategy instead of focusing on numerous, disparate ones. Furthermore, having business information accessible in real-time enables organisations to make better, more informed decisions, faster.
The challenge in this fast-moving environment is balancing BA requirements with EPM. More data and faster, more insightful analytics mean business is evolving at a rapid pace. While everything is working quickly, decision-makers tend to have more conversations and analysis around their requirements, more often.
This has seen the growth of multiple scenario planning to get immediate answers on important BA questions . Ultimately, companies are moving from a more reticent mindset into one that embraces technological innovation in more specific ways.
Furthermore, these BA-driven questions are much more user-friendly than those of the past. It involves a more natural language process and is available to a wider employee segment than previously seen. The democratisation of data has certainly contributed to this environment. No longer is access limited to a select few. Instead, businesses are giving their staff the capabilities to deliver more strategic value to the organisation through a more generalised BA approach.
Even though finance people are not considered the most creative, the positive impact of numbers and other data being presented faster, means that they can interrogate it in different ways. Additionally, the emergence of more user-friendly dashboard and analytic options has resulted in them spending less time learning about software, and more time delivering on their core objectives.
Once companies start actively using this more dynamic environment, they get the opportunity to ‘play’ around with their data more, gain fresher and more unique insights, and develop more agile strategies than what was possible before.
About Decision Inc.
Decision Inc. is a global leader in information-driven transformation with a core focus on data, digital and performance intelligence. Our expertise in technology and industry specialisations have enabled us to help companies around the world make better decisions faster. Our emphasis on local excellence and global scale enables us to bring clients best of breed technology solutions that enable significant improvement whilst leveraging our Global Research and Innovation teams to accelerate the time to insight. Our local consulting teams are experts in the implementation, support and execution of these solutions and work with our clients to deliver real results and improvement.
- True grit and resilience happens at surrender | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Cindy Alter | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - September 23, 2021
- How to reduce your digital impact | #BusinessInsight | Julien Fouriot | Crosscall | #ebizradio | #onlinebusinessradio - September 23, 2021
- Anti-corruption lawyer, author, singer – Rivoningo Maluleke | Entrepreneur | Word Of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Compound interest – The 8th wonder of the world | #Entrepreneur | #Finance | #Business | Björn Salsone | James Hemsley | #ebizradio |#onlinebusinessradio - September 21, 2021
- What is your cognitive bias? | #LunchtimeSeries | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Launch of Jelly Beanz and UNICEF-produced ‘Protect Children and Help them Heal’ resource booklet – Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 13h00-14h00 | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Clarion Events Africa evolves into the Vuka Group | #BusinessInsight | Business News | Vuka Group | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Oryx Desert Salt bringing the heart of the Kalahari to WHOLE FOODS USA | Business News | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- South Africa still has great investment appeal | Business Insight | CMTrading | ebizradio | - September 17, 2021
- Closing the Gap of Gender Inequality in the South African Labour Market | Business Insight | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 17, 2021