A much needed and overwhelmingly generous donation to expand services with a staggering value of over R1.1 million of 4 modular movable homes has been gifted to Orion Organisation NPC based in Atlantis by Sulzer, all transport from the power station in Atlantis to Orion site was sponsored by their subcontractors Babcock as their CSI contribution.
These modular “homes” were being used on site in Atlantis for the past 24 months as Sulzer completed an installation at the Eskom Ankerlig Power Station. The units are all fully air-conditioned, insulated, laminate flooring, aluminium windows, solar geysers, fire extinguishers, tables, chairs, lockers, 6 showers, water and electrical connections.
“These 4 modular structures will now allow us to have a full training centre; a lounge and relaxation area for the staff of our work centre – Orion currently offers training and contract work to many of the disabled of the area as they subcontract packaging and assembly from a variety of businesses locally; an Art Centre and a much needed additional storage facility.
This all happened so fast that we were taken aback by the incredible will to get things done by Sulzer. On day 1 they went to the local police station to ask if there was an organisation that needed help, they were referred to us and literally a week later the homes where on the way to us. We were astounded by the logistics required to move the homes from one site to ours, but the teams of Sulzer and Babcock were unbelievable and made it all happen almost effortlessly – they co-ordinated all the teams, equipment, traffic escort, permits, etc. with such passion and enthusiasm. We are humbled by their incredible generosity and saying thank you seems so little. This is a great example of when a business takes care of the community within which it works and wants to be part of the growth and development”, says Hannl Cronje – CEO, Orion Organisation NPC
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020