A much needed and overwhelmingly generous donation to expand services with a staggering value of over R1.1 million of 4 modular movable homes has been gifted to Orion Organisation NPC based in Atlantis by Sulzer, all transport from the power station in Atlantis to Orion site was sponsored by their subcontractors Babcock as their CSI contribution.
These modular “homes” were being used on site in Atlantis for the past 24 months as Sulzer completed an installation at the Eskom Ankerlig Power Station. The units are all fully air-conditioned, insulated, laminate flooring, aluminium windows, solar geysers, fire extinguishers, tables, chairs, lockers, 6 showers, water and electrical connections.
“These 4 modular structures will now allow us to have a full training centre; a lounge and relaxation area for the staff of our work centre – Orion currently offers training and contract work to many of the disabled of the area as they subcontract packaging and assembly from a variety of businesses locally; an Art Centre and a much needed additional storage facility.
This all happened so fast that we were taken aback by the incredible will to get things done by Sulzer. On day 1 they went to the local police station to ask if there was an organisation that needed help, they were referred to us and literally a week later the homes where on the way to us. We were astounded by the logistics required to move the homes from one site to ours, but the teams of Sulzer and Babcock were unbelievable and made it all happen almost effortlessly – they co-ordinated all the teams, equipment, traffic escort, permits, etc. with such passion and enthusiasm. We are humbled by their incredible generosity and saying thank you seems so little. This is a great example of when a business takes care of the community within which it works and wants to be part of the growth and development”, says Hannl Cronje – CEO, Orion Organisation NPC
- Why learning and development matters – An empowered employee shares his thoughts | #Insights | Tebogo Sethabela | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Diversity and inclusion in the workplace promotes creativity and productivity | #LunchtimeSeries | #Marketing | #Insights | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 28, 2021
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021