A much needed and overwhelmingly generous donation to expand services with a staggering value of over R1.1 million of 4 modular movable homes has been gifted to Orion Organisation NPC based in Atlantis by Sulzer, all transport from the power station in Atlantis to Orion site was sponsored by their subcontractors Babcock as their CSI contribution.
These modular “homes” were being used on site in Atlantis for the past 24 months as Sulzer completed an installation at the Eskom Ankerlig Power Station. The units are all fully air-conditioned, insulated, laminate flooring, aluminium windows, solar geysers, fire extinguishers, tables, chairs, lockers, 6 showers, water and electrical connections.
“These 4 modular structures will now allow us to have a full training centre; a lounge and relaxation area for the staff of our work centre – Orion currently offers training and contract work to many of the disabled of the area as they subcontract packaging and assembly from a variety of businesses locally; an Art Centre and a much needed additional storage facility.
This all happened so fast that we were taken aback by the incredible will to get things done by Sulzer. On day 1 they went to the local police station to ask if there was an organisation that needed help, they were referred to us and literally a week later the homes where on the way to us. We were astounded by the logistics required to move the homes from one site to ours, but the teams of Sulzer and Babcock were unbelievable and made it all happen almost effortlessly – they co-ordinated all the teams, equipment, traffic escort, permits, etc. with such passion and enthusiasm. We are humbled by their incredible generosity and saying thank you seems so little. This is a great example of when a business takes care of the community within which it works and wants to be part of the growth and development”, says Hannl Cronje – CEO, Orion Organisation NPC
- Consider cultural diversity when working remotely |#LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz | Viviana Premazzi | Global Mindset Development – GMD |#Podcast - January 26, 2021
- I’m struggling to get going in 2021! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson |#Leadership #Podcast |#ebizradio - January 25, 2021
- The real price of free social networks |#OneEyedMan Podcast |#MikeStopforth | Nerushka Bowan - January 25, 2021
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- Steve Harvey returns to South Africa to host Season 2 of Family Feud SA | #eBizWires - January 18, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021