After almost fourteen years as a director of The Cyest Corporation, a leading innovative software solutions provider, Managing Director of Cyest Technology Gary Lane has made the decision to leave the company and pursue new opportunities.
Cyest Technology, the technology product division under The Cyest Corporation, has made a name for itself as a recognised thought leader within the mining industry.
Gary has been at the heart of this operation and the drive to establish this legacy in the mining industry.
Having co-founded The Cyest Corporation, Gary took on the position of director at the end of 2001 and steadily built up the mining practice area focusing on mining optimisation, strategic mining planning and economic modelling as MD of Cyest Analytics.
He then took on the role as MD of Cyest Technology in January 2014 to focus on product based software solutions, specifically within mine planning and optimisation.
The man to whom the quote “we are proud of the long term relationships that we have built with our clients” is attributed, has decided now is the right time to step down.
“I feel like the time is right now to leave as I have accomplished what I have set out to do after fourteen years. The last three years I conceived of a new generation of mine planning solution between Cyest Technology and Bentley Systems and this product is now complete. There are some delays in the implementation of this new product, due to the current financial challenges in the mining industry, which has been an opportune time to hand over to new leadership,” Gary explains.
He takes a moment to reflect on the time he has spent at the company, reminiscing, in particular, over what it has taken to build what started as a four-member team in a 20sqm office in 2001, into a national enterprise comprised of the very best minds in the business.
“I have enjoyed the business’ emphasis on ‘no compromise’ when it comes to adding value to our clients, and the ability to solve any complex problem thrown at us, having the best team that can be found and building a business in our way. The biggest challenge has been finding the right team members that have the skills and experienced required to deliver our value proposition and building the next tier of leadership with the same set of business values,” Gary adds.
As to where the executive is heading and what he will be doing, Gary is not giving much away and says only that “it will be something exciting, with smart people, where we can make a change to an industry by applying next generation thinking.”
Gary believes his time with Cyest has taught him the importance of good values based leadership, which he will apply to help others harness their leadership skills to make a difference.
“A business is about leadership, the team, the values we stand for and ultimately the value proposition to our clients,” he adds.
While in pursuit of a new vision, a new start and a fresh dynamic, all Gary has to say is “watch this space for the next generation!”
- Consider cultural diversity when working remotely |#LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz | Viviana Premazzi | Global Mindset Development – GMD |#Podcast - January 26, 2021
- I’m struggling to get going in 2021! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson |#Leadership #Podcast |#ebizradio - January 25, 2021
- The real price of free social networks |#OneEyedMan Podcast |#MikeStopforth | Nerushka Bowan - January 25, 2021
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- Steve Harvey returns to South Africa to host Season 2 of Family Feud SA | #eBizWires - January 18, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021