Local Hortonworks partner Obsidian Systems would like to acknowledge homegrown talent, Honors at the 2018 European Data Heroes Awards was given dues in Germany earlier this year.
The IBM Cognitive Honors award is for an individual or organisation that has proven instrumental in establishing an advanced machine learning model in a traditional environment. Judged by a panel of industry experts including Bernard Marr, bestselling author and Big Data expert and Philip Carnelley, IDC speaks to its prestige.
Standard Bank is building, testing and deploying machine learning models with Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) and complete with open source data science workbench and automation. This is only the beginning of the journey and the acknowledgement and global recognition is a welcoming surprising.
“We are incredibly proud of being a part of Hortonworks partner in South Africa. The project was an exciting one and significant for our local market. It illustrates the effectiveness of HDP in the data-rich environment of the digital age,” says Muggie van Staden, MD at Obsidian Systems.
HDP includes Apache Hadoop and is used for storing, processing, and analysing large volumes of data. The platform is designed to deal with data from many sources and formats.
The Standard Bank team presented in Berlin, Germany on 19 April 2018: “To win this award at the DataWorks Summit is a testament to the commitment from the Standard Bank leadership team and collaboration with innovative technology partners. DWS is one of the world’s premier big data community events and we were humbled to join an elite group of organisations that have received such significant industry recognition.”
About Obsidian Systems
Obsidian Systems is an established supplier of Open Source software solutions. The company was started in 1995 as a services provider targeting businesses and organisations looking to integrate and leverage off Linux infrastructure.
Obsidian Systems has expanded its knowledge base in partnership with subsidiaries Cape Town based Autumn Leaf and GuruHut.
The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java™ expertise aligning our Enterprise Open Source solution for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready open source infrastructure, big data, collaboration and agile IT strategies for your business.
Obsidian Systems and its subsidiaries strive to bring three legs to the South African market: the first being vendor-certified products, the second being local skills providing consulting, development and support and the third being vendor-certified training and certification. With these three elements, any organisation can trust the enterprise open source solution provided.
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020