This past Tuesday, 28 April 2020 a global movement called The Street Store was recognized in 6 categories of Fast Company’s World Changing Idea, a global competition that looks at the best ideas having a positive impact on the world.
Conceptualised in 2014 by M&C SAATCHI ABEL as the world’s first rent-free, premises-free, free pop-up store for the homeless, The Street Store has popped-up in countries all over the world from Pakistan to Paraguay, France to Australia clothing an estimated 500,000 people.
And it is fast closing in on the 1000th store. This means that on average a Street Store is held nearly every 3 days somewhere in the world. It is a demonstration of African creativity solving global issues.
“We believe there is an opportunity to both shine a light on the movement, and importantly inspire people by showcasing the power of creativity. Now more than ever it’s important to put creativity in the spotlight, and showcase how creative African solutions can solve global societal issues”, says Mike Abel, CEO & Founding Partner M&C Saatchi Abel
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022
- The 2022 School Year: What Teachers, Parents and Learners Can Expect | #Classroom | #ebizradio | The Love Trust - January 10, 2022
- An African Platform for African business by African Business | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Grace Mumo | Luxury Xclusives - January 10, 2022
- No matter what – SHOW UP! | #Entrepreneur | #BizInsight| Ingrid von Stein | Daniel Kahn | Firstwatch | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021
- Mission Possible! – A global health doctor takes on a new mission | #Insight | Ingrid von Stein | Dr. Allan Pambe | Roche Diagnostics | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021