This past Tuesday, 28 April 2020 a global movement called The Street Store was recognized in 6 categories of Fast Company’s World Changing Idea, a global competition that looks at the best ideas having a positive impact on the world.
Conceptualised in 2014 by M&C SAATCHI ABEL as the world’s first rent-free, premises-free, free pop-up store for the homeless, The Street Store has popped-up in countries all over the world from Pakistan to Paraguay, France to Australia clothing an estimated 500,000 people.
And it is fast closing in on the 1000th store. This means that on average a Street Store is held nearly every 3 days somewhere in the world. It is a demonstration of African creativity solving global issues.
“We believe there is an opportunity to both shine a light on the movement, and importantly inspire people by showcasing the power of creativity. Now more than ever it’s important to put creativity in the spotlight, and showcase how creative African solutions can solve global societal issues”, says Mike Abel, CEO & Founding Partner M&C Saatchi Abel
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Do you know what Programmatic Media Buying is? |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |Ryan Eberlin - September 16, 2020
- WHY DO WE SAY “ I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH” |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton | Potential Unlimited |#Podcast |#eBizradio - September 15, 2020
- Early investors in 4IR start-ups set to reap rewards | #eBizInisghts | Brett Dawson | Podcast - September 15, 2020
- SMEgo launches to assist small businesses |#DigitalNomad | #MbaliNdhlovu | Rowan Spazzoli |#Podcast |#Entrepreneur - September 15, 2020
- How are your time management and people skills? |#LTL |#KevinBritz |Naomi Basson | Jose Mesquita |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 13, 2020
- Innovative solutions for restaurants during the COVID pandemic and beyond | Snapmenu | #eBizTechnology | Gabriel Stein, Shai Unterslak & Max Tyrell | Podcast - September 11, 2020