The facelift Bytes Document Solutions’ Xerox service centre had not only made it look better – it now delivers service levels that befit the world’s largest Xerox distributor.
The service centre revamp was born out of the integrated service approach BDS has implemented in its managed print services (MPS) portfolio. The approach ties its service centre, field service, sales and office teams together to provide the most value to customers.
Next was the rollout of Astea’s service lifecycle management solution. Astea is the information backbone that provides actionable data that is accessible to service centre staff in the office and technicians in the field. The result is improved efficiencies and productivity.
Lastly, the culture and processes were developed to focus entirely on the customers’ perspective. “Our priority is to provide a world class service experience to our customers,” says Werner. “By integrating Xerox Service Manager (our pro-active monitoring system) with incident management software from Astea. We further implemented a number of centralised ITIL-aligned services with live monitoring and management reports per function, which provides full visibility and control of our service environment. We are now realising the benefits of seamless continuity, reporting and measurement of every interaction around the country.”
“What gets managed, gets delivered”. It was crucial to develop the right set of KPI’s to ensure that the focus remains on the important factors, especially from the customers’ view. The numbers recorded by each unit within the service centre speak for themselves. The service centre, which receives a combined 9,230 phone calls every month, has drastically improved its performance and customer satisfaction culture. Over the last six months, an average of only 1.6% of calls were abandoned, compared to 22.3% previously. What’s more, an impressive 94% of calls are answered within 30 seconds.
Incident management staff have reported an SLA performance achievement improvement from 57% to an average of 93%, from an average of 4 500 service calls and 438 installations per month. In addition, the average number of outstanding service calls dropped from 352 per day to 201.
For managed print services (MPS), proactive monitoring has improved SLA achievement by almost 15% – from 81.3% per month to 96%, based on an average of 13 300 alerts every month. The proactive monitoring capability allows the service centre to remotely keep an eye on print devices in terms of consumable replenishment, service calls, device downtime and reports on operating performance, status, supply level, page counts and more.
These vastly improved customer satisfaction levels have led to a spike in the number of devices under MPS asset administration. In just one year, the number as grown from 6 457 to 8 210.
“For a company like Bytes Document Solutions, service is strategic,” says Werner. “Having a connected and intelligent solution that gives us the insight and capability to manage information, people and processes has been the key improvement in our Services business. Astea has privded this; it drives up customer satisfaction, which improves our competitive advantage, top-line revenue and profitability.”
To reward the service centre staff and ensure they feel valued and motivated, BDS instituted the Quarterly Awards. The winners so far this year have been Bonisile Kunene & Thulani Ngcobo (System Administration & Incident Management); Sifiso Khoza & Sinethemba Phakathi (Inbound Client Contact Centre) and Maria Mokgoetsi (MPS Client Contact Centre) – Maria Mokgoetsi has won this award twice.
The result of all the hard work is a Service Centre that is on par with the international Xerox call centres in Europe, and a world-class service infrastructure that BDS can proudly sell to customers.
- A shotgun approach just leaves a big hole | #BrunchWithBjörn | Björn Salsone | Rose Hare | Public Relations | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 15, 2021
- Apple Updates – Features overhaul for all things ‘i’ |#Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 15, 2021
- What tribes have emerged post Covid-19? | #Trends | Dion Chang | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Flux Trends - June 14, 2021
- Living in the moment and fulfilling your purpose is what entrepreneurship is all about |#EdifyWithEide | #Entrepreneur | Eide van Zyl | Shireen Onia | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 14, 2021
- Do you lead by example? PR skills and leadership | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Priscilla Urquhart | Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages | #Podcast - June 14, 2021
- 80% of tasks between HR and business can be automated |#Wires | #ebizradio | #HR | PaySpace| Warren van Wyk | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Improving Customer Service in the retail sector | #LunchtimeMarketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Inspiring Women in Sport |#Insight | Neil Wilkinson | Kryolan | SASCOC | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Conversations you need to be having now | #Leadership | Human Capital | Kevin Britz | Dr. Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Franc(ly) – saving and investing is now accessible to everyone | #LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Sebastian Patel | Franc | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021