In 2011, Nthabiseng Bonita Mosesane established Areye Projects, a business that specialises in embroidery services and in addition, manufactures school uniforms and is a supplier of corporate clothing and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Areye Projects is a 100% black-owned business, founded and operated by women.
Nthabiseng currently employs three people – two permanent and one part-time – and plans to employ up to five by the end of 2018.
Short terms goals include the completion of a bigger work space, a construction that will allow more equipment to be brought in and an increase in capacity. This will also allow her to hire a permanent in-house tailor. In addition, she would like to offer embroidery training and potentially hire, at least one youth member from the community.
Long term, Nthabiseng would like to own an embroidery shop with three industrial embroidery machines, which would allow her to expand her supply to uniform shops locally but also to neighbouring countries. By 2021, she would like to sign clients within the mining and security sectors. In addition, Nthabiseng would like to have an online shop as well as supply retail outlets. By achieving these goals, she will be able to employ 10 people within 5-years.
As a SAB KickStart Boost finalist, Nthabiseng has already gained insight into how to maintain a growing business and how to ensure it continues to grow sustainably. Going forward, she hopes to receive funding, which will enable her to purchase two head-embroidery machines and the advanced AutoPunch software. In addition, Nthabiseng would like to gain market access and supply branded safety wear to SAB subcontractors as well as SAB branded corporate wear retailed to staff through its outlets.
Cell: 073 176 3281
Email: [email protected]
- Inspiration: My inspiration has come from various sources:
- Myself – my passion for entrepreneurship started when I was in primary school when I sold sweets and potato chips to generate some extra income.
- My grandmother – who helped me hone my entrepreneurial skills when I was younger and taught me valuable lessons about making and saving money.
- My husband – who motivated when I started my business and continues to motivate me as I grow it sustainably.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? My hunger for success as a woman entrepreneur.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: Don’t just think outside the box, get out the box altogether. Utilise your mind and skills in any way possible to help grow the South African economy.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: As a young and new-time entrepreneur, there are many challenges (red tape) I have had to face. The first one any entrepreneur will tell you is that we have the knowledge and skills but not the capital for equipment and services to get off the ground. The second being the limited access to market and lengthy payment policies from large corporations. I have managed to overcome these challenges by gathering funds to purchase bigger equipment to complete bigger jobs, implementing payment agreements with clients, and utilising the little I have to meet the job ahead of deadline to build trust.
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020