Ebenezer Smith co-established Profecia IT in 2012, a software development and telecommunications business with a Level 1 B-BBEE status.
The business specialises in software development (customised, as well as training and support post development), mobile application development (apps from Andriod to iOS),
web development (website design and development solutions across various devices) and information systems (customised for daily operations as well as training and support post development).
“At Profecia IT, we place a strong emphasis on design and ergonomics because a great solution can fail at being effective due to poor user interface.”
Ebenezer currently employs four people and plans to employ seven by the end of 2018.
To help develop the business, Ebenezer has set a series of goals which include:
Short term, to steadily gain market share with at least one product being utilised by 50% of government departments, metros and district municipalities in the Eastern Cape by the end of the 2018 financial year.
Medium to long term, to expand the reach to 70% across the same target market but across three provinces by 2021.
Long term, to have at least one product (such as Project ToolsTM) as the secure system/tool for infrastructure project reporting and asset management in South Africa by 2025.
As a SAB KickStart Boost finalist, Ebenezer would like to gain further market access in the private sector as well as become part of bigger corporates’ supplier chains – supplying these companies with software solutions, innovative systems and information communication technology requirements.
- Inspiration: My inspiration comes from an American businessman and investor – Mark Cuban. I admire his entrepreneurial flare and his ability to excel across various sectors.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? I have an immense desire to develop solutions that add value to lives.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: An entrepreneur will always find a way to make it happen – so my advice is, do not give up just because something did not work the first time. Find another way – many great ideas have been shot down by others before they eventually came to fruition. Another piece of advice – once you have established your business, you need to constantly strive to innovate. Companies that do not innovate in today’s market, become obsolete.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: Something I have learnt from my entrepreneur journey is that for every problem, an opportunity presents itself. The biggest tech companies are those that solve big problems. After all, without problems, there wouldn’t be a need for solutions.
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021