In 2013, Mandla Mlandeni registered Ohambo Oluhle Transport & Projects and in 2015, the transport and logistics business started trading.
The business focuses on the transportation of dry merchandise – such as (but not limited to) coal, iron ore and building sand as well as the removal of rubble and disposal of asbestos. Ohambo Oluhle Transport & Projects has a Level 1 B-BBEE status.
Mandla currently employs three people – two permanent and one part-time – and plans to employ up to 10 by 2025.
To help develop the business, Mandla has set short and long term goals which include:
Short term, to increase the fleet by one truck a year as well as create one permanent position a year – until 2025. In addition, he would like to secure a contract with a big corporate, which would help the growth of the business.
Long term, Mandla would like to host an internship programme that would run over 12-months, every year and possibly partner with governmental departments to facilitate it. He would also like to establish a group of companies and expand his service offerings.
As a SAB KickStart finalist, Mandla would like to enter SAB’s supplier chain as a product distributor from the Rosslyn Brewery to outlets. He would like access to market, which would help him grow the business’ network.
“Being part of the top 20 finalists is amazing but why stop there, I would love to be placed one of the top three in the competition.”
- Inspiration: My inspiration comes from within. I was tired of the monotonous 09h00 to 17h00 routine of making other people money, when I decided I could be making my own.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? The thought of leaving a legacy for my children and my children’s children one day, is what drives me. In addition, it is important for me to play my part in the upliftment of my community and create employment.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: Being an entrepreneur is not easy – but all the sweat, blood and tears – not to mention sleepless nights and bouncing debit orders – will all be worth it. Never give up on your dreams and always stay focused on your end goal. Knock on all doors – until the right one opens for you.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: Becoming a business owner has been an expensive learning curve – I have lost a fair amount along the way. At one point, my wife thought I was wasting my time and suggested I return to the corporate world, because the bills kept piling up. I have put her (and myself) through a lot and it is now our time to shine.
- 80% of tasks between HR and business can be automated |#Wires | #ebizradio | #HR | PaySpace| Warren van Wyk | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Improving Customer Service in the retail sector | #LunchtimeMarketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Inspiring Women in Sport |#Insight | Neil Wilkinson | Kryolan | SASCOC | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Conversations you need to be having now | #Leadership | Human Capital | Kevin Britz | Dr. Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Franc(ly) – saving and investing is now accessible to everyone | #LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Sebastian Patel | Franc | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Your Digital Health | #HealthMatters | CIPLA | Ryan o’ Connor | Pam Lourenco |#Podcast | #ebizradio - June 8, 2021
- 14-year old Author & Poet is changing the way we look at Mental Health | #Unscripted Life | Clive Vanderwagen | Jess Robus | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 8, 2021
- Kinesiology and STRIPPING (away) to find the real you | #BrunchWithBjörn | Björn Salsone | Anita Jack | #Business | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Elevate Horizons - June 8, 2021
- Leadership is not a workshop – its the action of everyday | #LunchtimeLeadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 7, 2021
- Transformative leadership can only be led by transformation itself | #Insight | Sandra Orta | Roche Diagnostics | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 7, 2021