Siyanda Luthuli established Spectra Flow in 2016, a business that specialises in pumps and general engineering.
The business supplies pumps within the production industry as well as offers installation, repairs to faulty pumps and services those due for maintenance. In addition, it offers laser-alignment services and computer-aided design (CAD) drawings for pump-set and other mechanical requirements.
Differentiating it from other businesses in the industry, Spectra Flow also does ‘health checks’ on equipment.
Spectra Flow has a Level 1 B-BBEE status. Siyanda currently employs three people and plans to employ up to 5 by 2019.
To help develop the business, Siyanda has set a series of goals which include:
Short term, he would like to increase clientele and by doing so, employ more people. In addition, have a fully equipped workshop and become an agent for leading pump manufacturers.
Long term, Siyanda would like to open another three branches – one in Richards Bay and another two in other provinces, Mpumalanga and Gauteng. In addition, he would like to add a machinery and fabrication division to the business that would house spares, pipes and baseplates as well as have a test bay to test the performance of pumps. He would also like to brand his own pump which would be available in retail.
As a SAB KickStart Boost finalist, Siyanda would like exposure and access to market as well as procurement opportunities that would enable his business to grow sustainably.
- Inspiration: I receive my inspiration from God – anything in life is possible if you believe.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? My drive comes from me wanting to improve the way of doing things in this industry. I am also motivated by being an entrepreneur, I am making a difference to the South African economy.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: My best advice to a sprouting entrepreneur is to be passionate about what you do. You also need to be goal driven and you need to dream big to achieve big. Before you take the entrepreneurial step, you need to do a lot of research into your field as well as what it means to be an entrepreneur – so that you know if you have the drive, the character and the skills to cut it!
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: Being an entrepreneur is something I have always wanted to do. When I was employed, I would constantly ask myself how I could improve the services in this industry. As companies tend to keep to their traditional practices, I knew I had to branch out on my own to test my ideas and improve the business model.
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020