Ndaelo Moses Tshikovhi established Third Century Computing in 2006, an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) business.
The business offers a wide range of ICT products and services from its consumer facing store. On premise, it houses technology products, an internet café, printing services, and a gaming café with online services. In addition, it specialises in CCTV and alarms, installations, technical support, multimedia solutions, and training services.
Third Century Computing is committed to providing innovative education programmes and services, in South Africa and neighbouring countries, to equip people and transfer skills with lifelong learning.
Third Century Computing is a 100% black-owned business that has two branches that operate in Thohoyandau, Limpopo.
To help develop the business, Ndaelo has set a series of goals which include:
Short term, employ more people who are skilled and experienced within the industry, broaden its geographical footprint within the Thulamela, Thohoyandou, and Vhembe districts and thereby being a preferred ITC solutions provider within these regions.
Long term, Ndaelo would like to further expand the business’ footprint across the province by opening up a third branch and employing more people. In addition, he would like to start a tech college that offers accredited ICT training to meet the high demand of school leavers looking to develop within this field.
“I believe the tech college will help address youth unemployment in Limpopo because once they graduate, they are more equipped to find work.”
As a SAB KickStart Boost finalist, Ndaelo would like to apply the learnings from the programme and develop Third Century Computing into a mainstream business – one that thrives on a larger scale and is able to diversify its products and services. He would like access to market which would help him achieve his goals.
“Like SAB KickStart’s objective of helping to create employment opportunities, this is one of my objectives too. The bigger my business becomes; the more people I can employ.”
- Inspiration: My inspiration has always been technology and as a child, I was the youngest entrepreneur in Sunnyside, Pretoria, at the time – first selling PC games and then building custom systems for people. It only made sense to open an ICT business in my adult years and follow my inspiration.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? Being an entrepreneur is my passion – my calling. I did not become an entrepreneur because I wanted to have lots of money – rather, to grow a business from nothing to what it is today. I am driven by the contribution I can make, to help eradicate unemployment in South Africa as well as share knowledge, train and equipped others. Next, I would like to help other emerging entrepreneurs on their journey to success.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: It can be done! You need to have ambition, determination and passion – because with these things, the process is a little bit easier. You will be many things as an entrepreneur. You will be the business and the brand you are developing. You will be a boss, a business owner and a game changer. You will need to lead by example and empower others by making a difference in society.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: A lot has changed since I started my own business 12 –years ago – people come and people go, things come and things go. I am happy to have adapted to the changes in the environment, while remaining focused on everything I do. I have always made sure to satisfy clients with my services and to the best of my abilities, because this is what makes me who I am.
- Date with God |#Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson |Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 17, 2021
- What is a BRAND and why you need to build it! | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 13, 2021
- SA Online Retail leaps to R30-billion | Arthur Goldstuck | World Wide Worx - May 12, 2021
- Does your RESILIENCE need a resilience boost? | Lunchtime Coaching | Kevin Britz | Dr Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 12, 2021
- What is the Next Frontier Facebook? | Lets Talk Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Nunu Ntshingila | #ebizradio - May 12, 2021
- How does the Car Hire industry actually work? |#BrunchwithBjorn |#BjornSalsone | Lulu Rodriques | CHB Car Hire Brokers | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 11, 2021
- Why do businesses not spend enough of staff development? |#Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 10, 2021
- Augmented Reality and financial services |#Marketing | #LTM | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Data and Creative Effectiveness in Digital Marketing |#LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Antonio Petra |#Digital | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Selling requires 3 D’s and a R – do you have them? |#Sales | Shelley Walters | Sales Enabler | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021