Cell: 061 599 6648
Email: [email protected]
Zinhle Khumalo established Ikhethelo Textiles in 2015, a clothing and textile manufacturing business.
The business specialises in the production of ready-made clothing – such as corporate uniforms, personal protective equipment (PPE) and T-shirts – and makes use of locally sourced fabric. In addition, it manufactures hospital linen with Alcopro, a special chemical that helps kill bacteria.
Ikhethelo Textiles is a 100% black-owned business, founded and operated by women from the community.
Zinhle currently employs 15 people and plans to employ up to 20 by the end of 2018.
Short term, Zinhle’s immediate goal is to realign the business – establish the business proposition, plot what sets hers apart from other small businesses in the area, re-identify her clientele and develop a marketing strategy.
Long term, she would like to open another branch in the KwaMashu township, which will create further job opportunities for women in this community.
As a SAB KickStart Boost finalist, Zinhle hopes to gain in-depth knowledge within her industry, mentorship support and market access.
“I am grateful to be one of the 20 SAB KickStart Boost finalists and honoured to represent KwaZulu-Natal.”
- Inspiration: Thotoane Violet Lupuwana, a fellow SAB KickStart Boost finalist – as a young entrepreneur, her dedication and business ethics, inspires me to be the best I can be.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? I am driven by the change I can make in other people’s lives and the community in which we live.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: Do not be afraid to knock on doors! Yes, people have power but you should be inspired by that power and not intimidated by it.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: During my three-year entrepreneurial journey, I have learnt a lot – by constantly learning, it has made me take a deeper look into my business and how I can improve operations.
- Philanthropy: Restoring human dignity through innovation in SA|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - October 30, 2020
- #POWERTOTHEPIXEL 2020 |Fak’ugesi Festival |#MbaliNdhlovu | Dr Tegan Bristow |#Digital |#Podcast - October 30, 2020
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020