Gabisile Mashilwana established Excserpro in 2015, an auto electrical solutions business that also provides remanufacturing services.
The business offers a wide range of services that includes: repairs to stators and alternators, vehicle and machine wiring, winding of stators, rotors and armatures, vehicle diagnosis and the supply of auto electrical parts/spares.
Setting the business apart from others in the industry, Excserpro remanufactures parts instead of just replacing them. In addition, it is a ‘one-stop-shop- that supplies spare parts to save customers time of having to go elsewhere to buy them.
Excserpro has a Level 1 B-BBEE status and is a 60% woman-owned business. Gabisile currently employs three people and plans to employ up to nine by 2023. To help develop the business, Gabisile has set a series of goals which include:
Short term, she would like to employ a qualified auto-electrician, which follows into her next goal of introducing female auto-electricians into the business.
Long term, Gabisile would like to be recognised as a leading auto electrical solutions company in her region as well as to open three departments – repairs, spares and remanufacturing – and employ four people per department.
As a SAB KickStart Boost finalist, Gabisile wants to take what she has learnt from the programme and gear her business up to be a supplier and market ready. She would like market access into bigger corporates and assistance in obtaining compliance within the motor industry.
- Inspiration: Hilton Mukwiri, an electrical engineer who started his own business, which he is running successfully. I saw from him, that it is possible.
- What drives you and motivates you as an entrepreneur? I love my business and I love what I do – I also I love that I am a woman in a male dominated industry. This coupled with the love for my children, means my drive comes naturally.
- Advice to fellow entrepreneurs: Never give up and in business, you need to be patient. It is not easy – if it was, everyone would be doing it.
- Something from your entrepreneur journey: In 2015, I was unemployed and battling to find work so I became an entrepreneur and essentially, employed myself. I started my business in a male dominated industry, which could have been intimidating but it actually isn’t – if anything, it motivates me more to succeed.
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021