Ring provides complete preventive home security products and solutions which will make it easier for residents to monitor and secure their homes from anywhere
Ring, the leader in neighbourhood security, has announced that it is entering the South African market. The Ring range of preventive home security products include connected doorbells, cameras and lights that are easily installed and configured, with an app that provides various control options.
“Security, especially home security, is a priority in South Africa. Almost all homes in the country have some kind of security already in place – alarm systems, electric fences even armed response companies protecting almost every home. Ring’s mission is simple: to reduce crime in neighbourhoods and empower consumers by creating a ‘Ring of Security’ around homes and communities with our suite of preventive smart home security products,” says Mohammad Meraj Hoda, Vice President – Business Development at Ring.
“Globally, Ring’s products have been hailed as dependable second set of eyes and ears to deter would-be thieves from entering their homes, and it has been proven that Ring doorbells can reduce crime by up to 55% in neighbourhoods across the US. The goal is to bring the same convenience and security to South African neighbourhoods.”
With 246,654 cases of home burglaries in South Africa between April 2016 and March 2017 – roughly 676 a day, keeping homes, families and communities safe in South Africa is of critical importance. The South African Police Service (SAPS) recorded 22,343 house robberies over the same period – or 61 every day. While both involve criminal trespassing and theft, burglaries take place when a victim is not at home, but the victim is present during robberies.
Furthermore, recent research found that less than 8% of house robbers and burglars get convicted of their crimes in South Africa with the local conviction rate being as low as 7.67%, compared to 53% in the USA. The research also showed that the criminals will monitor your home for as long as two weeks, and that most attacks occur between 7PM and midnight as people are relaxed, cooking or watching TV, and their security systems and beams are not active.
“At Ring we believe that effective, preventative security should be cost effective and simple to use which is why Ring products are easy to install and set up – it is the ideal DIY security solution. All Ring products are integrated so homeowners can create a complete security system with custom zones, commands and settings to best deter thieves. The foundation of the Ring solution is the range of video doorbells, which provide advanced motion detection and enable homeowners to see outside their home. Together with Ring’s smart cameras, this security solution allows users to rest easy in the knowledge that they are in complete control of their home security. As South Africans continue their fight against crime, Ring provides the ideal solution: security that is affordable, proactive, easy to install, and comprehensive,” concludes Hoja.
The full range of Ring products will be available from Incredible Connection, Dion Wired, Makro, Builder’s Warehouse and premium security installers.
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighborhoods network, enable Ring to offer affordable, proactive whole-home and neighborhood security. In fact, one Los Angeles neighborhood saw a 55 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells were installed on just ten percent of homes. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020
- HOW DID I LAND UP HERE? #LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz |Julio Muhorro |Sharing Knowledge International #Podcast |#ebizradio - December 15, 2020
- Do you want to go to MONEY SCHOOL? |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu | Nabeel Khan |#MoneyTalks |#podcast - December 15, 2020
- CARING IS THE FUTURE OF LEADERSHIP |#kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #leadership | John Joubert |#cocacola |Peninsula Beverages - December 14, 2020