The eMarketer Retail Roundup unpacked! A retail roundup that covers the key drivers and upcoming trends in the world of tech-enabled retail, with key focus on the USA, which we all know has a very high percentage of online retail shoppers.
The eMarketer Retail Roundup was compiled by Rubicon Project and Chango, two leading technology companies that provide automated buying and selling of advertising, with specific competency in the world of retail and e-commerce.
These two incredible businesses joined forces recently to bring a best in class programmatic platform to the market, that on the back of extensive data analytics and understanding, connects marketers with their exact target audience in real time across display, social, mobile and video.
To quote Rubicon Project’s website “The company’s pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry – similar to what NASDAQ did for stock trading.”
The Retail Roundup covers 8 key points, of which I’m going to focus on the first four for this edition and the remaining four in the next edition of this podcast series.
The 8 key points, or themes are noted as follows:
- Retailers account for 25% of Programmatic spend
- Omnichannel remains Omnipresent for Department stores
- Why mobile shopping remains an Upper-Funnel affair
- Does programmatic work for Branding?
- Apparel Retailers and Ecommerce: Direct Markets dominate
- In-store personalized digital display pushes purchases
- Buy Online, pick up in-store Model financially beneficial for retailers
- Digital, social media to play Big role in back-to-school business
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020
- HOW DID I LAND UP HERE? #LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz |Julio Muhorro |Sharing Knowledge International #Podcast |#ebizradio - December 15, 2020