Whilst headlines globally are sounding more and more like the Doomsday Reckoning, with dire warnings of worse to come and graphic images depicting the suffering from droughts to floods, earthquakes to rampant wildfires, questions are being asked of what should we be doing? It’s not just government who need to play a role or just corporates, industry or the end user – but the whole world needs a new way of thinking and doing.
This has been Biodx’s quest since their arrival on the biotech scene 16 years ago with its slogan of ‘relentlessly enabling a better world’. With their DECONT-A ™ and b bioactive™ having entered the commercial field in 2018, 90% of the company’s focus has gone into bringing this technology to market. But the good news is that the remaining 10% is still firmly focused on research and development.
Current research programmes – According to Burt Rodrigues, CEO of Biodx, “We’re currently researching two new programmes, with the emphasis being on producing a 100% natural biocide, strictly focused on life sciences. Our search to find natural anti-microbial compounds is ongoing. It has to come out of the field of life sciences and not the natural sciences, using no synthetic compounds at all. Currently although our products are 99.998% natural they are a blend of natural science and life science, which isn’t optimum.
“Our previous research has taken us a long way down the road into using natural biocides, but now we’re working on researching a second surfactant (a substance which tends to reduce the surface tension of a liquid in which it is dissolved) strictly through life sciences.
“Research and Development is what builds the future and is one of the reasons people get up in the morning. Whilst we’re seeing massive global changes no-one really understands exactly what’s going on. Archaeologists and other academics have presented some evidence of what might have happened in the Bronze or Ice Ages, bringing those civilisations to an end, but we still know little and without evidence how do we know what caused this? Is history simply repeating itself? History has a way of disappearing sometimes, without leaving any guidelines on how to do things better. Did pollution cause any of these early disasters? We don’t know – but we can contribute to changing our world. To make our world a healthier, improved version for all living things.”
One thing is for sure, Biodx is not resting on its laurels – it’s firmly seeking out how to bring a better, safer and more natural world to everyone.
Behind the scenes – Biodx is on a journey to reduce society’s dependence on synthetic chemicals. Harnessing the power of biotechnology, we’re breaking boundaries, crossing new frontiers, and helping to evolve the future of disinfection. All towards enabling a better world.
- Just Talk to People | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Laura Ruthven| Female Entrepreneur SA Magazine | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 24, 2022
- Can technology take the pain out of recruitment? | #OneEyedMan | Mike Stopforth | Francois de Wet | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 24, 2022
- Why understanding UBOs is critical |#Insight | #ebizradio | Jason Shedden | Contactable - January 24, 2022
- Making news headlines this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- Motoring News – Chery Tiggo 8 – Suzuki V-Storm DL-650 | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- The State We’re In 2022 – Six Trend Pillars for this year | #Trends | #Insight | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Female Leadership – Success Factors and Barriers to Overcome | #Insight | #ChangeConversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Moloko Komane | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022