Many of today’s most successful businesses, from SMEs to their enterprise counterparts, are renting instead of buying their IT equipment, because this option helps companies get their hands on the assets they need today to remain competitive in this tough economic environment.
“Renting gives businesses the choice to invest in core business activities or in appreciating assets that are needed to carry out business functions without huge capital outlays,” says Shane Merriman, Managing Director of InnoVent Rental and Asset Management Solutions.
“Renting is a really good way to save cash when starting a new product line for instance, or even just opening up another office. When faced with the need for the latest and greatest technology and the need to save money, renting is the best way to meet your equipment needs and keep you within a budget.”
“It also ensures that you always have the best equipment, be it desktops, laptops or other hardware without running the risk of investing fortunes in machines that will be obsolete in a few years,” he says. Most IT equipment has a finite life span and according to a Gartner report, 80% of costs regarding depreciating assets occur after the initial purchase. Tying up your funds in rapidly depreciating assets will cost you in the long run.
“Technology is forever evolving and trying to keep up with the pace of change and the maintenance of the equipment can be prohibitively expensive and a huge financial drain. If your organisation is dependent on cutting-edge technology, renting is a far more sensible option than buying the technology outright.”
Some benefits on a rental include:
- Reduced total cost of ownership
- Improved cash flow
- Payments and interest rates are fixed
- True off balance sheet finance
- You can acquire more assets while conserving cash
There is little doubt that renting IT equipment is a good business move and a cost saver. This is particularly true for any business that often finds it has to stretch their budgets over a multitude of operating costs such as staff, training, office space rent, advertising etc. “One way to keep cash in your business is to rent the essential IT equipment. It is cost-effective and far less expensive than purchasing outright,” adds Merriman.
He points out that rental has an added benefit when it is coupled with a true asset management company. “There are a number of things to consider. Not only does asset value depreciate with time, there is insurance to think about, maintenance, disposal and storage of redundant assets. What will you do with old equipment? Do you know where all your equipment is? Are your assets comprehensively insured? With asset management, overseeing all of this is made simple. Ensure that your rental provider offers you a complete rental and asset management solution that has the capability to administer the lifecycle of your assets to deliver cost savings in the long run.”
- Follow your consumers and do it BIG! | #LTM | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 27, 2022
- How to use emotional intelligence to improve your sales? | The Shift Show | #Sales | #GrowGetters | Shelley Walters | Clive Vanderwagen | The Sales Counsel | Ready People | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 26, 2022
- Just Talk to People | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Laura Ruthven| Female Entrepreneur SA Magazine | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 24, 2022
- Can technology take the pain out of recruitment? | #OneEyedMan | Mike Stopforth | Francois de Wet | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 24, 2022
- Why understanding UBOs is critical |#Insight | #ebizradio | Jason Shedden | Contactable - January 24, 2022
- Making news headlines this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- Motoring News – Chery Tiggo 8 – Suzuki V-Storm DL-650 | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- The State We’re In 2022 – Six Trend Pillars for this year | #Trends | #Insight | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Female Leadership – Success Factors and Barriers to Overcome | #Insight | #ChangeConversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Moloko Komane | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022