This festive season employees at global data management SaaS specialist Redstor will provide much needed financial support to Aunty Joyce, the lady who runs Joyce’s Soup Kitchen in Sir Lowry’s Pass, a critical community service she has provided for 15 years.
Aunty Joyce is well known in the community. She started helping people with HIV/AIDS after her own daughter fell victim to the disease.
Despite having suffered a heart attack and several strokes, Aunty Joyce began supporting people with heart problems.
Over the years Joyce’s Soup Kitchen would prepare a meal daily for those who needed it. The old railway building was provided as a location, but over the past year, the charity was forced to limit their operation after a road construction team began using the building.
As such Joyce and her team have had to rely substantially on donations, including groceries that have been distributed. Aunty Joyce has spent a lot of time on the road to collect the donations.
In the spirit of giving and community support, Redstor decided to help make a difference to Aunty Joyce and the Sir Lowry’s Pass community.
As Redstor spokesperson Denise Hubinger explains, the company saved funds that were allocated for stock for the tuck shop and, instead, directed it towards Joyce’s Soup Kitchen.
“Four months ago, we decided to help make a difference in the community by hopefully helping a charity to have a Christmas with a difference. The money I would have spent to stock the tuck area will be donated to a charity nominated by staff members. We compiled a nomination form and asked staff members to submit their preferred charity. We received 13 nomination forms and after much deliberation, we decided on Joyce’s Soup Kitchen.”
The funds could not have come at a better time for Joyce. Every year the Soup Kitchen hosts a modest celebratory year-end event, including a meal for people and families. At this event Joyce pays tribute to her team that help her throughout the year and – if there are any donations – this is used as a gift to thank those who cook and distribute food.
Hubinger adds: “We know there are many other charities that are in desperate need of help, but we had to make a selection and we believe that our contribution will help to make the lives of the less fortunate a bit better. We are also very pleased to support a person like Joyce who epitomises the spirit of self-sacrifice, generosity, goodwill and humanity – all of which represents the festive season! Redstor is delighted to be a part of this initiative.”
Redstor is disrupting the world of data management with its pioneering technology, which provides borderless visibility and on-demand access to all data, wherever it is stored, through a single control centre. Trusted by more than 40,000 clients and 350 partners, Redstor uses proven, industry-leading technology to help discover, manage and protect critical data.
Data Management for an On-Demand World. Take it as Red.
Redstor is available worldwide through a network of resellers. For further information please visit www.redstor.com.
- A shotgun approach just leaves a big hole | #BrunchWithBjörn | Björn Salsone | Rose Hare | Public Relations | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 15, 2021
- Apple Updates – Features overhaul for all things ‘i’ |#Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 15, 2021
- What tribes have emerged post Covid-19? | #Trends | Dion Chang | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Flux Trends - June 14, 2021
- Living in the moment and fulfilling your purpose is what entrepreneurship is all about |#EdifyWithEide | #Entrepreneur | Eide van Zyl | Shireen Onia | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 14, 2021
- Do you lead by example? PR skills and leadership | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Priscilla Urquhart | Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages | #Podcast - June 14, 2021
- 80% of tasks between HR and business can be automated |#Wires | #ebizradio | #HR | PaySpace| Warren van Wyk | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Improving Customer Service in the retail sector | #LunchtimeMarketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 10, 2021
- Inspiring Women in Sport |#Insight | Neil Wilkinson | Kryolan | SASCOC | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Conversations you need to be having now | #Leadership | Human Capital | Kevin Britz | Dr. Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021
- Franc(ly) – saving and investing is now accessible to everyone | #LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Sebastian Patel | Franc | #Podcast | #ebizradio - June 9, 2021