UK-based backup solutions services provider Redstor has confirmed its acquisition of South African headquartered Attix5, a global developer and provider of data protection software and cloud solutions.
The companies have entered into the deal, effective from 14 September 2015.
Attix5 supplies backup and recovery technology and managed services to service providers who use this technology to deliver value-added services to end users globally.
As one of the pioneers of cloud backup software, they have been selected for their robust, highly secure technology and are ideally placed to take advantage of the growing market for cloud backup, disaster recovery and storage services.
With a development office in Stellenbosch, South Africa and sales and support offices in Johannesburg and Reading UK, Attix5 have continually developed their IP based on the input of cloud backup providers such as Redstor.
With the release of Attix5 Pro Version 8, codenamed Peregrine, Attix5 have proven once again that they have world-class developers and class-leading IP.
Commenting on the acquisition, Danie Marais, original founder at Attix5 stated, “We are very excited about the acquisition as this opens up great opportunities for both Attix5 and Redstor.
Over the ten year partnership, both parties have come to understand each other’s business and have developed strong relationships.
The owners at Redstor also appreciate Attix5’s African roots and want to incorporate this as part of their message and vision going forward. I believe Attix5’s software development expertise and Redstor’s data management experience and strong partner and customer relationships is the perfect fit and I expect great things for these organisations going forward.“
Paul Evans, CEO of Redstor stated, “Today, Redstor are known as one of the leading backup, disaster recovery and storage businesses in the UK. The opportunity to evolve through gaining our own IP and expand our geographical footprint was a natural step that will allow us to have greater control over our future development.”
Evans went on to say, “Redstor today has a customer base in excess of 10,000 organisations via our partner network. We receive ongoing feedback from our partners and end user customers which we will use to directly influence the direction our software development takes.”
Founded in the UK in 1998, Redstor is a well respected and trusted global provider of cloud backup and disaster recovery software and services.
Redstor’s focus is on partner-enabled cloud backup as a service (BaaS), delivering these services either through their own storage platforms around the world, or by supplying their Backup Pro software to power their partners’ own service platforms.
Redstor-powered services are currently available through hundreds of partners worldwide. As an ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certified organisation, Redstor combines technical excellence with proven processes to deliver innovative, flexible and secure cloud services that reduce risks and cost to end users.
Since being established in 1999 by a group of IT enthusiasts who tried to send large volumes of encrypted data down a very slow narrowband dial-up line, cloud and security have been part of its DNA. The company has grown from there to become a market leader, providing rock solid data protection and recovery solutions to SMEs and listed enterprises around the world. Its aim is to ensure data protection and recovery for stress-free business continuity.
Tel: 011 575 0134
Email: [email protected]
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021