The really Awesome gaming expo (rAge) is coming to Cape Town next weekend and will be bringing some exciting new events for gaming and tech enthusiasts to enjoy.
For this Podcast Michael James, event organiser, describes the new world of esport and discusses some of the numbers and money involved with this new and exciting form of entertainment.
At the event, the following the attractions are:
- HWBOT World Tour 2016
A first for South Africa! The HWBOT World Tour is a series of overclocking events held across seven countries and five continents, where the next generation of overclockers can learn, share and compete.
HWBOT World Tour will be making its second stop for 2016 at rAge Cape Town and will feature:
– World Series for Amateurs: Overclocking workshops for amateurs will be held on Friday from 11h00 – 18h00 and Saturday from 10h00 – 18h00. If you’re interested in signing up for this you can do so at their stand. The top four overclockers will go through to a semi-final on Sunday morning and the final will take place from 12h00.
– World Series for Extreme: The overclocking competition for extreme overclockers will start on Saturday at 13h00 with qualifying rounds, moving onto semi-finals scheduled for 19h00 followed by the finals at 21h00. There are some epic hardware prizes up for grabs and the winner will secure a spot at the finals in Berlin, Germany later this year. The finals will be live streamed here http://twitch.tv/overclockingtv
- Telkom DGL Masters
In another first for South Africa, the eight Masters multi-gaming organizations (MGO) and their Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) teams will compete at rAge Cape Town in the first Major of the 2016 season, for a total prize pool of R100,000. Visitors to the expo will be able to watch every game live and Shoutcasted on the show floor – with the winning team being crowned in front of all their fans on Sunday. All games will be live-streamed on Twitch www.twitch.tv/dgl_live
- NAG Jam
Imagine creating a kick-ass game in just 72 hours… and then seeing it come to life! That’s NAG Jam. Participants were invited to create a semi-functional game this past weekend around the theme “Down, but not out”, and seven entries will have their games on display at the Intel stand at rAge for visitors to play. The top four entries will also receive their share of the R15,000.00 cash prize pool, kindly sponsored by Intel.
- ASTRO Gaming Cup
ASTRO Gaming will be celebrating the recent release of its headsets in South Africa by hosting an exclusive invitational tournament featuring four of the country’s top Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS4 teams. The teams will be playing for prizes worth R50,000, and visitors will also have the opportunity to try out the new ASTRO Gaming headsets and meet and challenge the players. Semifinals are scheduled to take place Saturday and finals on Sunday. This is the first ASTRO Gaming-backed event to be held in South Africa, and the challenge will be streamed live here https://gaming.youtube.com/user/ClanConnection/live.
Cosplay at rAge on any of the days and you’ll stand a chance to win on-the-spot prizes! Our photographer will be walking around taking photos of all the epic cosplayers and uploading them to our rAge Facebook page, and the best five cosplayers that we see on each of the three days will all win some cool goodies sponsored by some of the rAge exhibitors.
- Xtreme Gaming PS4 FIFA ’16 Tournament
Xtreme Gaming will be hosting daily FIFA ‘16 Tournaments at rAge. Only 64 spots are open per day and interested players can sign up before 11h00 on either of the three days at stand 2.
More info is available here www.facebook.com/XtremeGamingCpt/
Tickets to the expo will be available to purchase at the door or at Computicket.
For more information on rAge, please visit www.rageexpo.co.za.
When: 18-20 March 2016
Where: GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World in Goodwood, Cape Town
Times: Friday 10am-7pm; Saturday 9am-7pm; Sunday 10am-4pm
Ticket prices: Day ticket – R100; Weekend ticket – R250; kids under six enter free
- Philanthropy: Restoring human dignity through innovation in SA|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - October 30, 2020
- #POWERTOTHEPIXEL 2020 |Fak’ugesi Festival |#MbaliNdhlovu | Dr Tegan Bristow |#Digital |#Podcast - October 30, 2020
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020