The SAB Foundation has selected 17 finalists in its 9th annual Social Innovation Awards 2019 and 3 finalists in its 4th annual Disability Empowerment Awards. The final winners will be announced at an official awards ceremony on Wednesday, 09 October 2019.
Grants will also be awarded to other deserving innovation finalists. The finalists were selected from over 300 entries this year and SAB Foundation Innovation Specialist, Ntandokazi Nodada says that since the programme was initiated 9 years ago the quality of innovations has been on the rise. “We are seeing some incredibly talented South Africans, from all walks of life, produce socially informed and transformative products and services that are truly going to help make a change in the lives of those who need it the most, ” says Nodada. Nodada says that the finalists tackle issues such as environmental sustainability, technology accessibility and disability inclusion.
Other than their potential to create positive societal change, the finalist’s innovations were selected according to whether the independent panel of judges assessments showed they were scalable and could be commercialised as well their potential to create job opportunities. The SAB Foundation Social Innovation Awards and Disability Empowerment Awards, were established as a means of supporting the growth and development of entrepreneurship in South Africa with a specific focus on servicing the needs of low-income women, the youth, people with disabilities and people living in rural areas.
“The SAB Foundation hopes to encourage individuals to empower themselves as entrepreneurs and in the process assist others with incredible but often simple resources which change the way our lives work,” says Nodada. Since its launch, the SAB Foundation has invested in over 160 social innovations through a financial commitment of more than R67 million.
- Date with God |#Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson |Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 17, 2021
- What is a BRAND and why you need to build it! | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 13, 2021
- SA Online Retail leaps to R30-billion | Arthur Goldstuck | World Wide Worx - May 12, 2021
- Does your RESILIENCE need a resilience boost? | Lunchtime Coaching | Kevin Britz | Dr Marcel Hattingh | City Changers Institute | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 12, 2021
- What is the Next Frontier Facebook? | Lets Talk Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Nunu Ntshingila | #ebizradio - May 12, 2021
- How does the Car Hire industry actually work? |#BrunchwithBjorn |#BjornSalsone | Lulu Rodriques | CHB Car Hire Brokers | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 11, 2021
- Why do businesses not spend enough of staff development? |#Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 10, 2021
- Augmented Reality and financial services |#Marketing | #LTM | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Data and Creative Effectiveness in Digital Marketing |#LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Antonio Petra |#Digital | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Selling requires 3 D’s and a R – do you have them? |#Sales | Shelley Walters | Sales Enabler | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021