Creativity and innovation is the lifeblood of entrepreneurship. Protecting ones ideas enables an edge over corporations. One of the main problems when starting a new business is obtaining new clients, but the truth is that if your idea/model is creative/innovative enough the clients will come to you as opposed to you looking for them.
Trademarking an idea as a trade secret will protect your intellectual property but hinders innovation of the idea. A better prospect is to copyright your idea; this enable legal protection but also allows an open discussion of your creation.
Another way to protect oneself is to make recordings/notes of any/all conversations you have, these can be referred to at a later date if needed.
Finally a relationship of trust should exist between yourself and your clients; this allows for the sharing of the solutions you have for your clients business needs whilst also ensuring your intellectual property is protected.
Banele Rewo in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
— Monsieur Noire (@Baniroquai) December 2, 2012
Join Grant Jansen (@Kapetonian) every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio. Stay in touch with Grant at @Biz_Radio on twitter, Biz_radio on Skype, studio BBM 279DF0DD and [email protected] to mail him.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021