Although companies are investing millions in cyber security solutions, stories of advanced cyber attacks continue to flood the headlines on a daily basis. The attackers are succeeding, and are wreaking significant financial, operational and reputational damage to businesses of all types and sizes.
Gerald Naidoo, CEO of Logikal Consulting, says the exiting tools and solutions aimed at protecting companies from advanced threats are full of gaps. “We see siloed detection and investigation solutions that make it highly difficult to share intel, and comprehensively grasp the scope of the attack. We see too many alerts, which cause confusion, and make it hard to focus rendition of the elements that matter. We also see too little automation that results in damaging delays from detection and containment, to remediation.”
He says Verint has developed a Threat Protection System that was specifically designed to fill these gaps, as it is based on a forward-thinking, three-dimensional architecture that includes comprehensive coverage dimension, visibility and protection across multiple attack surfaces, including networks, end-points and payloads, and integrated functionality including detection, prioritisation, investigation and protection.
According to Naidoo, the anatomy of today’s advanced threats means they occur in multiple stages, via multiple vectors, over a long period of time. “To address the issue of time, Verint’s solution was built to support not only real-time analysis, but forensic analysis too. It has the ability to move back and forth in time within a single solution.”
Moreover, it features breakthrough orchestration and automation capabilities, enabling intelligence sharing across the three-dimensional architecture.
Naidoo says the solution is based on an open, scalable and comprehensive platform that aids in the detection, prioritisation and investigation of advanced attacks and helps protect the business against future attacks.
“The product features many detection engines for malicious elements, networked-based command and control signals, sideways movement and end-points, all in one, integrated platform, with an open architecture that facilitates integration with third-party detection engines. In addition, it employs and shares intelligence gleaned from across the “kill-chain” to better the detection probability and the lower the likelihood of false positives.”
The tool also features cross validation across detection engines and strong cyber analytics that were built to assist cyber analysts to focus on the most significant threats by lessening the noise in alerts and ranking incidents in order of potential severity. “Moreover, the product captures and records network, payload and end-point events, and its real-time and forensic analytics capabilities, help speed up the investigation, lowering the time from detection to resolution, mitigating any potential attack damage.”
Finally, the actionable intelligence generated by the system helps contain and remediate ongoing attacks, and better prepares the organisation, should any attacks happen in the future. Other features that make the solution stand out, Naidoo adds, are its ability to be rapidly deployed in a stand-alone mode, and then integrated with the company’s existing security infrastructure.
Logikal Consulting is rapidly growing systems Integration Company with a footprint across both Africa and India – providing dynamic consulting, expert integration and outsourcing services for a global clientele covering six key industry verticals: financial services, banking and insurance, telecoms, manufacturing, retail, logistics and public sector.
Logikal Consulting’s technology, skills and services enable organisations to achieve optimum operational efficiency, with one goal – converting strategies into measurable operational benefits by deploying the right technology. Combining cross-industry best practices with extensive solutions deployment experience, Logikal’s consulting puts customers on the path from concept to realised revenue and business value.
Specialising in Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Resource Planning and automated workflow solutions – all delivered through SLA-driven programmes and effective governance structures, the company offers general IT consulting, architecture design, programme management, systems integration, independent testing, managed services, production support and network operations.
In specialised areas, Logikal Consulting has a successful track record of delivering telecommunications solutions – Logikal TSI – which provide product bundling, multi-channel customer experience management, converged billing, customer portals and end-to-end solutions for operators. All of the company’s solutions support green IT goals, having a positive impact on the bottom line.
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021