The topic for the 7th Aegis Media Thought Leadership Digibate was to converge or not to converge in the advertising industry. The panel chaired by Dawn Rowlands, CEO, Aegis Media Sub-Saharan Africa was lively and the contributions and insights from the varied and very experienced industry panel of; Craig Paige Lee – Managing Director – Posterscope SA; Jono Swanepoel – Strategic & Creative Director, Leftfield ; Awie Erasmus – Account Director, Ogilvy; Nic van den Bergh – Trading Director – Aegis Media SA; kept both the studio audience and thousands on audio-streamers engaged.
Overview of Digibate today & intro to panel – It’s time for the mad men to make way for the math men!
The panel consisted of players from both the traditional and new media agencies and off the bat the discussion looked at how traditional Out of Home mediums are now being intenerated into the complete mix and what that means to the consumer. To date we are seeing the OOH medium still being stuck in the old traditions – billboards, street polls and what we need to see is much more digital mediums coming into the mix; existing OOH agencies need to ensure that their business is poised and ready to move into this digital space.
From a traditional digital agency perspective we asked the panel to explain convergence and the answer was a rather straightforward one – It’s simple, take a holistic look at what the client wants to achieve and by utilizing all the media channels find the solution to execute and always remember that everything is inter-connected
Where are the consumers?
The latest OCS study done by Posterscope clearly shows that consumers are spending more time outside of their homes and offices so where are they are how are they been communicated with and does this influence the creative process
Consumers have the ability to consume, create and share content like never before with the ever changing mobile landscape and the communications and content being put out by brands is content driving thus allowing consumers to generate their own content and push others towards your brand. So often the agency merely creates the initial engagement/conversations.
Should brands be absorbing the DATA costs on campaigns as part of a converged world?
Some key points come up here i.e. the cost of filming TV commercials vs. the costs of absorbing data costs for a campaign that is put out on a brands own platform and consumers engage with this.
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020