eBizRadio and FnB have teamed up to produce a series of podcasts examining and explaining the financial services industry in South Africa – the goal of these podcasts is to educate and share insights on the various personal savings and investment issues and options that we all face.
Cale Hollis, Head of Strategic Analytics – Savings and Investments at FNB South Africa, shares his insights on the concept of ”Paying yourself first”.
In essence this involves splitting your income and having one section ”cornered” off for expenses, the rest of your income can then be spent as needed for day-to-day expenses.
On a daily basis, its the little expenses that add up; a chocolate here, cigarettes/a drink there. All these expenses add up; by sticking to a budget plan and split accounts; one can save for the UNEXPECTED.
We unpack the following:
- SAVINGS CULTURE in the country; what is being saved, compared to what should be saved?
- How does the current economic climate affect savings and is there a direct correlation?
- What are the implications of not saving for the average person?
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021