“Because online is so measurable agencies are struggling to move away from what they know to what can be proved. My opinion may be seen as controversial and may even offend advertisers, yet media agencies you are stuck in a traditional way of thinking, stuck in a mindset of the 20th century, yet media has moved into the 21st century and media specialists have on passed their mindset onto the newbies into the industry.” Arthur Goldstuck
Online radio is gaining popularity across the planet; ease of access and a desire for entertainment/knowledge/engagement ensures that these platforms -ourselves included- continue to grow in popularity. Aggregation website/portals such as Tuluntulu also allow the reach of online radio to grow rapidly.
Yet despite this, the business side of online radio is still catching up: Many advertisers and Media agencies despite embracing new technology are themselves caught in a old mindset of advertising and not embracing the potential of new media, online radio included.
We discuss this paradox as well as the industry with Arthur today.
- Are you ready for the drone economy? | #Technology | #Economy | #Insight | Dean Conde | iOCO Digital - August 12, 2022
- Same Old Story | #Music | Business Brunch | #Artist | Björn Salsone | Lia Elise | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Understanding your customer segmentation | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- How to stay CONNECTED whilst traveling | #Technology | Ingrid von Stein | Arthur Goldstuck | Gadget.co.za | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | #Motoring | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- The future of SA Live Music? |#BigFishStories | Eitan Stern | Simon Attwell | Legalese |#Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Can you actually measure CULTURE? | #Business | #Coaching | #HR | Kevin Britz | Jerome Parisse-Brassens | Walking the Talk | #Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Tumelo Maketekete | Diesel and Dust | #Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Mothers do know best | #Entrepreneur | #Women | #Hairstyling | Bjorn Salsone | Chaz Kruger | Business Brunch | #Podcast - August 9, 2022
- Why after 250 years are we still struggling for inclusion? | #Business | #Women | Lindi Tshabangu | Kalnisha Singh | Word of Mouth | KD Strategies - August 8, 2022