Obsidian to support AWS drive at Summit 2019
Leading open source technology and services provider Obsidian Systems, in partnership with established operators Atlassian, Redislabs, Cloudera and Autumn Leaf, is a sponsor at the 2019 AWS Summit scheduled for 11 July in Cape Town.
Obsidian will present to delegates on how it can help teams to get their code to AWS, the best compute, for the correct data.
Muggie van Staden, MD of Obsidian Systems, confirmed the company’s participation and said the plan is to work with its industry allies, including Autumn Leaf, to highlight the advantages of AWS cloud computing and datacentre.
Autumn Leaf is a technology supplier with over 30 years market experience, focused on the latest trends in project management and business analysis.
The Summit is an opportunity for the cloud computing community to network and deep dive into topics like how to choose the right database, to modernise the data warehouse and drive digital transformation using AI.
Topics like blockchain, database migration, machine learning and IOT will also feature strongly.
“We are excited to participate in this event, which truly encapsulates every tech influence that underlines digital transformation and the fourth industrial revolution,” says van Staden. “Businesses are changing and embracing digital, making sure that systems are upgraded and legacy is effectively managed in order to capitalise on the progress made. Cloud, analytics and Internet of Things have been identified by global market research and analysis firms like Gartner has stand-out tech influences, that most organisations are aware of- and are eager to leverage. This represents a great opportunity.”
Today business operators have the choice of several options in terms of cloud migration and the management of their data.
Moreover, companies also have more technical resources available to not only secure that data, but also extract the core value of this data to enhance business processes.
“All our partners are recognised market leaders and are centred on the advance of cloud computing, datacentre development and the application of technologies like AI, machine learning, database migration and IOT to add measurable value. We are part of this ecosystem and it is an ecosystem that continues to grow,” van Staden adds.
ABOUT OBSIDIAN SYSTEMS
Obsidian have expanded their knowledge base in partnership with subsidiaries Cape Town based Autumn Leaf and GuruHut, a software development house. The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java™ expertise aligning our Enterprise Open Source solution for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready open source infrastructure, big data, collaboration and agile IT strategies for your business.
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020