Manhattan Sweets launched their “Now that’s real sweet” campaign at selected Ster-Kinekor cinemas in December 2015, featuring the range of sweets that Manhattan has to offer. The outcome was real sweet as the sweets took on a larger than life stardom on the big screen.
“The objective of the campaign was to launch our first Manhattan commercial to moms with kids under the age of 12. We needed an impactful launch, while working with a limited budget,” says M&C Saatchi CONNECT Strategist, Rita Nel.
She explains that the campaign was tactical, where they only targeted selected cinemas in areas where Manhattan has a good distribution. The team also targeted family movies that moms and kids would be watching together.
“Cinema allowed us to focus on tactical activity only in relevant areas, where moms and kids are excited and shopping in a mall, thus they are close to the moment of purchase. The campaign is also light hearted so we wanted to tap into that family-fun mood,” Nel says.
The big screen feature of these delicious sweets, which have had a brand reputation since 1948, have resulted in a successful return both in terms of sales and brand awareness. Manhattan Sweets are now true movie celebrities, appealing to the audience that finds them most enticing.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020