A new contributor joins us at eBizRadio for our Entrepreneur segment:
Zuki Mzozoyana is passionate about the use of innovative thinking to drive social change.
Her current focus is on empowering young minds through instilling the entrepreneurial mindset that she believes is a non-negotiable for all kids who face a future characterised by rapid change in technological advancements, disruptions in all sectors and the general “rules of engagement” in the world of work. This is through her business Gen Next Kids which operates a franchise called Young Entrepreneurs.
For 6 years Zuki was part of the senior management team managing dealership operations for a multinational corporation. In this fiercely competitive, male dominated retail automotive sector, she was custodian for big name brands such as Volkswagen and Lexus.
In 3 years, she led a team of experienced industry professionals that took on the challenge of running a greenfields dealership based in a township. In that time the business enjoyed a turnaround of 56% BPT plugging major losses and taking the business to its first breakeven in less than two years. She had joined Barloworld in 2010 as a candidate on the then Rhodes Investec Business School Dealer Principal (General Manager) program.
Previously (2009), she founded a Brand Engagement Agency called MzozNet Branding which became an operational member of the leading International brand agency The Brand Union with over 500 staff in 21 offices around the world.
In 2007 – 2009, she was the Co-creator and Director of the ground breaking experiential marketing project Lifestyle SA Festival – Celebrating Black which enjoyed a successful two year run in Cape Town and Johannesburg. The festival attracted major sponsorship and endorsement from leading lifestyle brands and the support of 8000 visitors per festival.
Zuki’s multi-industry career began in 2003 where she crafted her art as sales professional, relationship manager and B2B consultant in the highly competitive and fast-paced financial services sector, ending with a brief stint in telecommunications. She worked for blue chip giants such as Momentum Life, Old Mutual and MTN Corporate. While at Momentum, Zuki served a two year term as a member on the Junior Executive Board. She was also recognised as one of the top sales executives winning several awards.
Outside of work, Zuki remains active in non-profit organisations that are centred on economic empowerment, leadership and entrepreneur development among South Africa’s young professionals. She was a founding member and past director of the Black Management Forum Young Professionals. She also served on the board of YBSA (Young Business South Africa).
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021