Network Platforms, service-driven ICT solutions provider, has launched a bundle that provides customers with both licensed microwave and fibre connectivity without the delays or the price tag. Reliable, scalable and easily adapted to suit specific client capacity requirements, it delivers high-quality connectivity, a rich feature set and enhanced security.
The uptake of fibre services and the ability to deliver fibre to most locations has resulted in one major downfall – lead time to implementation. Wayleave approval can delay the process and the time spent waiting can have a negative impact on business growth and investment. Network Platforms saw the opportunity to address this challenge by introducing a bundle that offers both a fibre and a wireless licensed connection. The latter can be connected and in use by clients within a few weeks, providing high-quality connectivity on microwave for the short term and shifting the Microwave connection as a back-up link once the fibre connection is implemented.
The microwave connection gives the organisation the bandwidth required for local and cloud-based services until the fibre connection becomes available. Once fibre has been implemented, the microwave element of the bundle then becomes the backup with automatic failover in the event of a network failure.
“The added benefit when using our bundle alongside the Network Platforms Enterprise Cloud infrastructure is that we can bill access to the cloud separately to internet access and save on costs,” says Epstein. “For example, if the client has 100MB link but only requires 50MB internet capacity, they will have 100MB to access Cloud services hosted in the Network Platforms infrastructure .. This level of adaptability makes a big difference to the bottom line, as client will have a larger capacity to access the Cloud services and reduced costs on the internet breakout with the added benefit of redundancy with the inclusion of a Wireless failover link.”
In addition to the failover structure, Network Platforms monitors the links to ensure they are running smoothly and keeps a close eye on bandwidth usage. If a connection fails or flat-lines, the company is notified and investigates immediately.
“We have introduced a web interface with a graphical display which gives clients visibility over the bandwidth usage and uptime,” says Epstein. “Every detail across both the fibre and microwave connections is attended to and our clients are assured of seamless connectivity and the freedom to invest in the cloud.”
The Network Platforms connectivity bundle provides an option for traffic monitoring and management, a web interface and targeted bandwidth allocation to specific applications or users. It hands the South African organisation the confidence to invest in cloud solutions and architecture with reliable connectivity and performance.
Behind the Scenes
Network Platforms is a service driven Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions provider.
The company owns and operates from datacentre infrastructures across South Africa and London.
It has established partnerships with several leading and international technology services and solutions businesses, including Cyberoam, Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare, Teraco, HP and Mimecast.
Network Platforms focus is on keeping our client’s IT systems operational, available and secure – always with the objective of ensuring that unreliable and inefficient IT systems do not impact on a business’ bottom line.
In data-and tech driven economies, the modern business has to be agile, streamlined and efficient.
Decision makers rely on systems that are operational, available and secure in order to enable them to focus on everyday demands of expanding businesses, managing costs and increasing revenues.
This model and proactive solution incorporates a comprehensive range of support services including application bandwidth monitoring, hardware and firmware management, configuration backups, maximum security and ongoing proactive server monitoring, amongst others.
Network Platforms value proposition includes guaranteed service levels and nationwide service and support, focused on connectivity, cloud services, IT management, VPN management, IP PBX/ VOIP communication, infrastructure monitoring, and virtual hosting, amongst others.
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020