There have been several reports on how low-cost smartphones could boost e-commerce in SA… These mass market smartphones have become more and more relevant to utilise as a medium for communicating with businesses target audiences and a tool to gather important information!
Despite the slowing down globally of the growth in smartphones, in South Africa sales are climbing steadily. The continued introduction of low-cost smartphones will not only play a significant role in bridging the technology gaps between feature phone and smartphone users in Africa but also fuel South Africa’s e-commerce sector, mirroring the growth experienced in other countries the world over.
Today we speak to Amanda Reekie from ovatoyou.
Amanda identified a tech gap in the research and marketing industry.
As a driven and successful female entrepreneur and mom, Amanda is the owner and founder of two companies, ImagiNATION Alliance and ovatoyou.
She has identified a space for a quicker more “in-the-moment” method of gathering consumer research, and as such her brainchild, ovatoyou (www.ovatyou.co.za) serves to be just that.
The app provides brands with competitive insight into customers’ preferences, behaviours and lifestyles by combining traditional research methods with the always accessible mobile trend.
Amanda is an inspiring thought leader among women in SA and strives to make her mark in the tech space going forward.
We chat to Amanda about the ovatoyou as well as placing the company its market related context.
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021